Part 24

"Space-time manipulation, I have the ability to manipulate the space-time continuum at will - I also have the ability to teleport objects without any physical contact, which is pretty useful if you ask me. Moving through matter is a simple and easy task."

He paused and raised his hand, allowing a blue haze of matter warp around it as an example before continuing with his explanation.

"Although, time travel is a toss of the dice - unpredictable and dangerous.
And I'm presuming that you're about to ask how I travel through time, yes?"
Riddle nodded with dark furrowed eyebrows, the other's foggy eyes finally beginning to clear up, and glint.

"Now, this is the interesting part.

According to Minkowski and Einstein, time and space are linked - thus, it's entirely logical that a being who can travel through space at will can also jump through time.
In fact, I am able to open wormholes at will, essentially opening bridges that link one point in spacetime to another.

This is exciting yes, but unfortunately, these wormholes are dangerously unstable.

I have to mentally prepare sophisticated calculations to allow myself to control these wormholes, but even the smallest error can prove catastrophic.
I should know."

"You definitely have a great deal of knowledge, Hargreeves."

The old teen smirked devilishly, pushing himself off the velvet armrest and walking off with his hands happily placed in his grey trouser pockets.

"I know."

Five was positioned on the long wooden bench the following dull morning, forcing a small mug of lukewarm school coffee down his throat.

Cicero was sitting to the left of him (eating a piece of half cooked toast with a thin layer of butter and jam) and Marcus, drooping over the oblong table like a wilting flower beside the platinum blond.

The rest of the day consisted of nothing special.
Riddle and Five still having little cold glares every now and then - the scrawny Hufflepuff boy with freckles slipping on a loose piece of parchment and dropping his satchel, smashing a bottle of oil black ink within it and shedding tears noisily over it- and the professors giving out long lectures about the subjects they taught, there being a lot less practical things going on today.

When the final lesson has concluded, and the class was hastily dismissed - two lanky arms landed heavily on the wooden desk Five was occupying - the loud bang similar to what a singular thin book would have made.

Several interested children who were just putting away their remaining textbooks peered at the situation, their curiosity piqued as they saw the two - although not as fascinated by Riddle's interactions with him.

The brunet looked up with bored eyes and a blank face, a girl with long blond hair (that looked too yellow to be real, like bright neon paint that hurt the boy's eyes) and yet another heavy green forest green robes hugging her curved frame.

The corner of the of her mouth shot down into a waspish frown.
Thin mouth opening as she spoke at a fast pace.
"You're that scrawny Hargreeves boy that came out of Tommie's dorm couple nights ago, aren't you?"

"Oh, you mean Riddle?" Five asked, already knowing the answer to his own question.

"Yes! Now, I don't know what you did to get into there, or what your deal is - but you hurt poor Tommie in that stupid duel.
And I already decided that I definitely don't like you, so mark my words Hargreeves.
If you even touch my Tommie, then I'll hex you - and downright murder you in your sleep." She squeaked, now partially pink face still holding that ugly frown of hers.

"And, who are you, exactly?"
The brunet asked, eyes slightly squinting in question as he leaned forwards tantalisingly.

"Tiberius, Lila Tiberius - pure blood." She answered rather smugly, standing back up straight and folding her arms in front of her- jutting her chest out.

"Well, Tiberius - what makes you think that you'd even be able to do so much as send a single spell towards me, let alone kill me?
I have no need to touch Riddle, unlike some people - I'm not a pervert." He slipped out of his wooden chair soundlessly - snagging his leather black satchel around his shoulder.

"You don't know what you're dealing with, Tiberius - but I'm going to be a decent being and give you a word of advice."

He began to walk backwards, the cold stone wall behind him coming closer with every slow step he took.

"Don't throw yourself into the freezing water like that. You may just regret it."

Five said with a coy smile, blinking out of view just as his cloak graced the uneven pewter stone - leaving the shocked girl in the near empty classroom.

•