Part 9 : 53

• 1 day earlier •

Five knew that something abnormal was going on, there had been great disturbances in the space-time continuum - and he could feel it.

Yes, every second month he would feel a prickle rush up his spine - but now, it was reoccurring every second day.
And when it did happen, he would feel as though someone had poured a cup of freezing water down his back, and the little hazel hairs on his nape would wave, like long field grass on a windy day - dancing with the soft breeze.

It was a fraction unsettling, for this to be suddenly happening - and it made him incredibly jumpy and wary, he nearly stabbed Luther with a blunt pencil when he entered his room to tell him that Allison had bought coffee beans.

Not that he wouldn't stab him, that ape-man was unbearable.

So when the hairs in his body suddenly bristled one chilly morning while he was calculating the distance and years he could now jump, his body acted upon instinct and without a second thought grasped the lilac crayola scissors that had been left lying around - preparing to blink, but stopping in his tracks when he heard an all too familiar female voice.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't stab me, Number Five, I'm not as willing to go through the transplant for my vital organs again."
The Handler smiled, line red lips stretching wide like a thin line of wire.

Her prying eyes were shaded by a pair of large clubmaster sunglasses, elbow length fingerless gloved hand holding a light briefcase - dyed platinum hair perfectly curled into place, plain black attire contrasting well against it - making her ruby red heels standing out against the two shades.

"I see you successfully stopped the apocalypse." She said with a grin, Five placing his makeshift weapon back down onto the wooden desk.
"What are you doing here?" The brunet almost demanded, the woman inching forwards and placing a gentle hand in his shoulder.

"Just, wanted to pop in - say hello to my favourite assassin in schoolboy shorts."
"Cut the bullshit." He snipped,

"Still snarky as always, I want you to come back with us."
"..And why should I do that?" Five asked with a sarcastic smile, folding his hands behind his back.

"I'm sure that by now you have notice that you can feel... the disturbances in the continuum, your reflexes are extremely well trained and speedy - yes, but what you just did was certainly inhuman. You must have felt the warp through time.
That is something we can tell you all about, even help you control it - use its full potential. And, that position in management is still open - so you'll be kept busy." She gazed at the silent boy and sighed deeply.

"There is nothing left for you here, you'll be an extremely useful asset to the team - and with me in charge, your talent and genius mind won't go to waste. Promise."

"What about my family?" The brown haired boy asked, lightly pushing away the hand that had settled in his shoulder.
"What if something happens, and I'm not here to keep them out of trouble."

"I can assure you that them and your little wizard boyfriend will be safe, so - what do say?"

• 1953 •

"I must admit, Number Five, in all the time that I've been here - I've never met anyone quite like you." The Handler said to the brunet beside her, the two walking along the cement pavement towards a large, pristine dome-like building - the woman swinging her briefcase slightly by her side, the other with his hands placed in his navy blazer pockets.