Part 09

Armando Dippet lead the three up a set of handsome stairs to their private rooms, handing Five an envelope and explaining how in six days they were to travel to Kings cross station - platform 9 and 3/4, and catch the train at 11:00 am.

The three parted ways and moved to their own rooms as soon as they possibly could after the old headmaster walked slowly out of view.

When Five entered his, he spotted a comfortable looking bed sitting in the corner of the room, a set of plain white sheets spread across the mattress and a rather old looking vase sitting on the bedside table beside it.
Five hadn't slept well in a couple of decades, and the bed was doing everything but not calling him over - but he had to resist the temptation to drop dead on the bed.

He didn't have time for doing something as useless as sleep.

A large glass window much like his own, occupied a third of one of the plain walls, polished and crystal clear - revealing the dark navy sky outside, the purple almost completely overpowered by the dark night sky.

The small place held a plain wooden desk, an empty notebook with a black hard cover lying sadly on it.

Five walked over to the diary, leaning over and flipping through the empty pages with his hand in his pocket.

The old teen gently closed the cover, a loud bang from the room next door shaking the white walls.

A cuss rang out, the voice belonging to none other than the drug addict, Klaus.
"Sorry guys." He burped.
"Just shut up Klaus." Diego shouted.

Five sighed and massaged his temples with his thumb and pointer finger, listening to his two idiotic brothers bicker across rooms.

He drew out the chair, which screeched unpleasantly across the wooden floorboards, pulling out a mechanical pencil from his pocket - the graphite scratching against the beige paper as he wrote down the complex equation that brought him back to the present - perfecting it.

This was going to be a long six days.

Five spent his six days wandering aimlessly around Diagon Alley or sitting down and reading, tapping a specific brick nearly every morning thrice with his forefinger, and entering the buzzing place with his hands in his pockets.

Five had gotten over the fact that he was to attend a wizarding school soon a long time ago.

The news surely shocked his siblings, but Five had most definitely seen and been in stranger situations.

He felt no different, no more special than he already was - just feeling like a 58 old man who's in a bloody adolescent body that's too small for his actual age.

He sat in the cool air everyday at a table just outside an ice cream parlour, reading through his new school books for hours on end.
Catching up on what he didn't get to learn during his stay.

His brothers would occasionally walk, or stumble out of the near empty bar, locating Five at some random round table and bidding him good morning while ruffling his fluffy brown hair - only to receive a threat from the old teen that he, mind you, will not hesitate to fulfil.

Five was fairly disappointed with the place though.

Diagon Alley had a single stinkin' shop that sold murky brown coffee that the old teen only took a sip out of before throwing it out in a nearby trash can- muttering about how shit the substance was.

The lack of some decent coffee was starting to catch up on him, body clearly starting to slow down a fraction.
Not that many noticed.

On the morning of the sixth and final day, the boys had made their way down while the sky was only just brightening, and the sun was starting peak over the mountainous horizon.

The bartender, Tom, had offered to call something called the knight bus to take them to the train station.
Five shot a devilish grin at him, giving a slightly sarcastic reply.
"Oh I'm sure we can manage on our own sir."

Diego and Klaus put their hands down heavily on Five's slightly broad shoulders, understanding what was about to happen.

Klaus waved with his left hand, which had the words goodbye tattooed with ebony black onto it.
His right having the words hello etched into it.

The barman was left in shock as he saw the three disappearing in a dim blue haze, all three boys vanishing with innocent smirks etched into their faces.