Division 2: Part 1

The end of term one was nearing, and Hogwarts had never been so quiet on a sunny day such as this one.

The few oblong common room tables were scattered with messy review parchments and broken quill nibs, and the usually half empty library chambers were fully occupied to an extent where there were nearly no spaces left to even walk through without tripping up on a stray student that was working hard on the floor - or had passed out from the work and stress of the tests.
Even the wide courtyard benches were taken up with panicking students, oil black ink splatters and partially scorched with spells that went wrong.

The results of these tests they were to take the next week, as the professors stated in the start of December, were to determine weather they were to be sorted into the extension classes - or removed, and with the owls coming up the next year - optimum studying and learning sessions were crucial to many of them.

Who doesn't do last minute study like this right before a test, right?

Due to the lack of space to even move around in, and that he didn't require any studying as he memorised everything (as he always does) Five opted to reading a muggle novel - It - underneath one of the great oak trees in complete silence at the far end of the school, nearby the Forbidden Forest - which held large clusters of looming dark trees and eerie noises that were carried through by the bone chilling wind - one leg crossed, the other brought up to make an upside down v shape.

As he passed the halfway mark in the book - page five-hundred and sixty-nine -his mind couldn't help but to wonder back to what Tom had said a little over a week ago during potions when he borrowed his jar of small eel eyes, everything that happened was still as clear as the sky was right now - as if it had happened just then.

"Just bring them back before the end of the lesson Aidan."

Aidan.

Does Tom remember everything that happened all those years ago?
Was it just the name, by coincidence?
Though it definitely felt good to be called that again, like he wasn't just a numbered subject for that moment in time.
But then again, he did like the 'name' Five - it's been with him for a longer period of time, it holds both burdens, and memories.

The azure eyed boy partially wanted the dark haired boy to remember what they went through together, but the other part of him - his mind - didn't, it would be too awkward - it would nearly be impossible for things to return to normal.

With the things that has happened, what Five went through and did, the fact that he wasn't innocent and no longer gave empty death threats or promises, that he still wasn't even strong enough - he didn't deserve to feel the happiness that he felt when he was younger.

'I've definitely become weaker.' The brunet thought, sighing and leaning back with his eyes gently closed - bark digging into his academy blazer and skin, giving the convincing illusion that he was sleeping.

He even had to accept the Handler's deal, draw another person into the prevention of the apocalypse - just because he couldn't think of a way to stop it earlier, maybe if he knew how it would have happened - he could have gotten rid of the spell Tom read before he could use it, wherever he found it.

Five didn't notice the figure that crouched down in front of him, balancing on his feet with his elbows resting on top of his knees - Tom knew how to walk soundlessly.

"That book, you haven't ruined it yet." The brunet slowly opened his steel blue eyes, giving a faint dimpled grin as he slotted a thin white bookmark in between the pages he was on.
"I know how to take care of books."

The silence between the two was one again slightly uncomfortable, hanging around in the air.
"Is the name you gave me, the only thing you remember?" Five asked, looking at the dark haired boy in front of him through his own messy hazel fringe.

Tom shook his head.
"I remember everything."

"Look, the things we did as kids, you can just forget about it-"
" - I don't want, to forget about it, Aidan." The brunet gazed at the other with curiosity, who was now speaking with only the slightest hint of hesitation clinging onto his words - nearly unnoticeable.

"You're an interesting person, and if you had not approached me that Spring at the orphanage - I would have been there, bored out of my mind, reading through the book in your hands over and over again. You gave me something new to think about this year as well, and being around you hasn't been half as bad... I don't see why that has to end for good."

Five let out a short breathy chuckle, unsticking himself from the oak tree and crossing his other leg. "Because that'll mean that you're hanging around an assassin, one that made you a murderer."
The dark haired boy's lips curled up slightly, leaning forwards slightly so that he was only a few inches away.

"And who says that I care about being a murderer?"

☂︎