Part 37

•This is part 37, but altogether (yes including the tag) there are 40 parts now! I just want to say... LINGLING 40 hours!!! •

Marcus and Cicero drew a sharp breath in, the platinum blond giving the pixie haired boy a look that said I told you so, casting away the spying charm just as they finished watching Five handle the situation himself - and disappear while Lila went rogue and played innocent.

"Okay, so that didn't exactly work as planned... but we'll figure something out-"

" - Marcus, putting your friend in danger like that isn't the best idea. Yes he can more than perfectly take care of himself, but it must be both stressing and annoying - just leave him be." Cicero stated, falling back onto the squeaky mattress with a dull cushioned thud.

"I guess you can't force true Love."
The blond shook his head.

"No, no you can't."

For the next month Five seemed to have become more and more distant and lifeless, even from his closest friend Cicero - whom he nearly never spoke to anymore, barely saying more than a dull greeting or a depressing good morning or night.

That foggy haze that dimmed his azure eyes seemed to have completely claimed them and shut out any form of interest or life - just desperation reflecting off the subdued irises.

His sarcastic comments and coy smiles were never really present anymore, and his intimidating atmosphere that once suffocated the air around him summed down to what felt like the aura of a kicked puppy.

Some hated to admit it, but without those snarky remarks and blinding smiles they felt as if everything became a little more - empty.

Riddle had become slightly concerned with the state of the boy, but irritation overtook him.

How was he supposed to weasel and squeeze out any answers from Five, if he barely even spoke with his friends - the people he trusts?

Riddle decided that enough was enough, if he didn't get anymore of that puzzle completed - then he was going to force that boy out of his life and continue what he had started before the little assassin appeared.

It was the morning of Saturday, Halloween - half awake students roaming around the handsomely decorated halls, large beautifully carved pumpkins scattered all over the place, faux blood spayed all over the wide rock walls.

Five had retreated back into the library, bats with papery dark purple wings fluttering about quietly.
He was back at the corner again, a stubby piece of chalk in his hand - rapidly writing down equations that would help him, something that would aid him in figuring it out.

Tom slowly walked up to him, just as he did a month ago - looking up and down at the even smokey grey wall, that was now littered with neatly written numbers and words.

"Are you okay, Five. You seem to be desperate for something."
The boy circled four small names that the dark haired boy could only just make out.

"What's all this?" He asked, bending over the shorter's shoulder like he was nothing.

"It's a probability map." He answered curtly, chalk tapping across the cold pewter stone.

"Probability of what?"
"Probability of who's deaths could save the world." The little assassin answered, the rapid tapping of chalk halting.

Tom internally shouted in frustration, mind screaming because he desperately wanted to know what he meant by save the world.

"I've narrowed it down to four. "
The raven haired boy nodded slowly.
"So you're saying that these four people causes the - end of the world?"

"No. I'm saying that their death might prevent it." Five answered curtly again, the other struggling to hold onto his patience.

"So you've been working on this, for the last month?" Tom asked curiously, getting a shake of the head.
"Of course not - I just finished this today. I've been working on, other things."

"I'm not exactly following." The dark haired boy said suddenly, feigning confusion expertly.

"Time is fickle, Riddle. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively effect outcomes in the time continuum."

"The butterfly effect."
Five paused and looked up at the boy with lifeless eyes, before turning back to his map.

"Exactly - so all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they might be, and kill them." He spoke, voice wavering a fraction.

"So, these people - Milton Greene, is he some kind of mass murderer?"

"I believe that he is a muggle gardener."
Oh what I wouldn't give to see you kill again Five, you heartless child. I'll find a way to come along.

"So you're planning on killing these people."
"It's basic maths." He said tiredly, taking in a shallow breath.

"Their deaths could potentially save the lives of billions. If I did nothing, they'd be dead in four days anyways.
The apocalypse won't spare anyone."

Four days? Tom thought, heartbeat picking up slightly, that's all I have?
What about all the work he still had to finish? The chamber that he's nearly figured out to open, the dangerous spell that he had to test?

This is all so sudden.

The dark haired boy's attention quickly returned to Five, who was clenching his jaw tightly - fists going pale white, remaining stubby chalk crushing instantly in his tight grasp.
"Hey, what is wrong with you?" He asked, possibly a little too harshly.

"If this doesn't work, Riddle, everyone is going to die - the world as we know it, ends.

And it'll be on me for not being able to stop it."
Five's voice cracked miserably, the old teen dropping down and crouching down low.

"It's be my fault." He whispered with a small voice, the stress of him trying to work alone and save all these people finally breaking him - shattering him and his mind.

"My failure will cost the existence of humanity."

Something inside him cracked.

And for the first time in exactly forty years, he cried.

•