Part 36

Riddle and Camilla both navigated through the dimly lit halls, looking out for any trouble makers that may be out past curfew.
The large oil portraits were asleep, faces half hidden by the dark shadows that stretched out and hid them - the other half overpowered by the cold daffodil lights.

One's steps were completely soundless, non existent - whilst the other producers quiet clack clack clacks that echoed through out the place - bouncing off the pewter walls.

They were just about to turn at a rounded corner when the female prefect suddenly stopped, as if she were in deep thought.

Then her warm brown eyes widened, she abruptly turned to the prefect beside her - speaking abnormally quickly and urgently, like she was in a hurry to do something.

"Riddle, I have to give a tutoring lesson back in the common room to someone - it's supposed to begin in two minutes and I completely forgot - do you mind complete information this round?"

The boy nodded suspiciously, the blond female thanking him and dashing off at a quick and brisk walk.

He continued striding on, the next hall long and wide.
There was a harsh blue light and two people suddenly appeared, with what seemed to be a female pinning the other onto the ground harshly by the throat - grunting as he tried to free himself from her overly tight grasp.

"What has gotten into you, you crazy woman." Five hissed out, genuinely shocked.
He was just walking up to his dorms when he was tackled halfway up the stairs - pushed down the wooden stairs and pinned almost immediately to the carpeted green floor.

He managed to bring his leg up, and kneed Lila harshly in her stomach, the canary blond girl grunting in a high pitched tone.

Riddle quickly retreated back behind the corner, poking his head out so he could still view the fight - both interested and confused.

This was the second time these two fought.

Five pushed himself up as the stumbling girl disappeared with an electric blue sparkle, waiting - as if he were listen out for something.

The little assassin unexpectedly ducked down and swiftly sweep kicked at the empty void, leg meeting a skinny ankle halfway through and knocking down the blond who had just reappeared heavily to the polished ground.

With his knee on Lila's back so that she was prevented from moving her body, and hands positioned and threatening - ready to snap her neck at any moment, Five huffed and growled.

"Could I go one month without being attacked by a lunatic? One month." He glanced down at the large bulky watch she had strapped on her right wrist, black with the exact date and place written digitally on it.

Commission must have given her a teleportation device that she could carry around. 

"Tell me why I shouldn't end you right now."
Lila grunted before wailing out loud.

"Tommie! Save me!" She shouted, the little assassin looking up to see the dark haired boy standing a couple meters away from them.

He huffed again, unwillingly letting go of and and pushing away, the girl dashing towards Riddle.

"Help me! That, that rascal just tried to kill me, and I didn't even do anything!" Lila said as she grasped his black winter robes in two large bundles, the boy pulling away in disgust - eyes cold like ice.

"I saw the whole thing Tiberius, don't try and fool me - it's not going to work." Tom turned to Five, his gaze softening slightly.

"Are you okay Hargreeves?" The little assassin ran his hand across the faint mauve bruise that had started to form around his neck - nodding slightly.

Riddle shook off Lila, who had clutched his leg tightly again - shedding buckets of crocodile tears that streamed down her face, sniffling noisily.
"I was j-just trying to stop him from h-hurting me f-further!"

"That clearly wasn't the case, now go back to your dorm before I report you Tiberius." He answered unsympathetically, the girl turning splotchy red before huffing loudly - stopping the flow of her faux tears before turning clumsily on her heel and walking away briskly.

Tom turned to face Five again, forest green eyes catching nothing - the boy had vanished again.

The Slytherin prefect furrowed his ebony eyebrows, deciding that patrol had finished - walking back to the common room.

There he found Five staring blankly at he crackling hearth, sitting in one of the velvety moss green armchairs with his elbows resting on his legs - the look on his face distant.

He hadn't seemed to have noticed Tom walking up to him slowly and cautiously, finally shocked out of his daze by a sudden warm voice.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all Riddle." He answered curtly, blinking away and leaving the dark haired prefect in the common room alone.

Is this chapter too short? I apologise if it is