Part 04

Five walked into the academy, grumbling to himself like the old man he was on how he should have removed that blasted tracking device earlier.
He spun on his heel sharply as he turned at a corner, only to find his siblings seated around the kitchen table - speaking amongst each-other in hushed voices.
They all seemed to be quite attracted to this specific room, despite the fact that there are sixty-one other options.

He sighed and walked over to a near empty white cabinet, picking out a small first aid kit before finally addressing the other 5 people in the room without a second glance.

"So, what do you guys want?" He asked dryly.
Shrugging off his navy blazer and throwing it onto a nearby chair.

Klaus stumbled up, swaying side to side unsteadily as he spoke with a wavering voice - mint-green eyes droopy, suggesting that he drank.
A lot.

"Whaat? Whadya mean lil' fivie, we've got nuding to say. Juth want some fambly time." Klaus spread his arms out, wide like an crow's wings and going in for what seemed to be a hug.
Five stepped to the side, the drunken man falling onto the floor with a dull thud.
He rolled his eyes at the man-child.
He's going to need some help to get over his hangover when he wakes up.

Vanya stood up slowly, folding her vaguely stubby fingers and fiddling with them slightly.
Her head pointed down, soft brown eyes looking up.
"Is that, blood?" Five shrugged, walking over to the table with the kit in hand.

"Ran into a bunch of assholes earlier. No big deal."

Vanya paused for a little bit, nodding.
She continued.
"So um, Pogo just informed us on something...important."
Five's gaze softened a fraction at her timid tone, placing one of his arms flat on the table and strumming his fingers across it quietly in anticipation.

"He said that our father had some information that he was keeping from all of us. Please don't get mad or anything, we only figured out half an hour ago really." Five nodded to her, giving her a silent gesture that said go on.
As he did so he proceeded to pull up his blood stained shirt and peel of the bloody rag he had used to cover the wound.

"Everyone here knows that we are all human, just with a single ability that slightly changes our dna. It's what makes us unique, and the reason why we were adopted in the first place. Well one of anyways.

You, five. Umm, something about your power it, somehow changed your dna completely and you aren't human - at all." Vanya quickly stated, her nerves making her shift from one foot to another.
She popped open her capsule and placed a sedative pill in her mouth.

Five chuckled, giving a genuine smile.
"That's funny guys, but I don't have time for pranks."

No one spoke up.
The old teen's eyebrows furrowed.
He stopped cleaning his bloodied wound, looking back at his family.
"You're not kidding." Vanya and the others nodded, slowly.
Five cussed.

"Shit."

Allison gently put her shoulder on the standing girl's shoulder, speaking to Five.
"Pogo said that from the moment of your birth you were immediately registered into some sort of school, I think it was called Hogwarts or something. Reginald figured this out a while back. Your blood and dna are somewhat closer to-

"Wizardss" Klaus muttered before his head fell onto the ground again, cheek pressed against the cold wood.
Five narrowed his eyes.

"Wait, so your saying that the old man, claims that my body's Deoxyribonucleic acid is somewhat closer to a fucking wizard's?" Allison, Diego, Luther and Vanya all nodded nervously. All frightened of what Five, their beloved brother, might do.

He sighed deeply, proceeding to soak a cotton bud with alcohol and wipe his wound. Muttering to himself, something about having his DNA already changed?
Everyone watched silently as Five sewed his skin back together, teeth clenched and knuckles white.
Once he finished he pushed everything to the side and scoffed.

"I'm not sure if I even want to waste my time with a bunch of pea brains. Wizards or not - at least half of them will be mundane idiots."

Luther slid a letter, sealed with red wax, across the wooden table.
"This letter was sent to you four years ago." He slid another, near identical letter across the table.
"This one was sitting on your bed, mum found it there when she was cleaning our rooms. You should go, we all agree that you should go."

Five didn't hesitate to open the newer letter, eyes scanning it and taking in the information written neatly in cursive writing on it.

"So where's this school I'm meant to go to?" The boy asked, looking up at Luther.

"The train that you have to catch is in London. Just under 3,500 miles away from here."

Five looked up.

"I am not bloody space jumping to London."

"Thankfully for you, you're not. There's a plane, flight lasts over 6 hours. The question is, who's going to go with you?"
Five scoffed again, clenching his jaw.

"I am not a child in need of babysitting."

"Yes, we know that. But won't people be suspicious if a person that looks 13 is boarding a plane to London on his own? Plus, the head teacher wants to talk to at least one of of us."

Five sighed deeply as he loosened his black tie and undo his top button, dragging a wooden chair towards him.

"Somebody get me a bottle of margarita."

•