Part 34

"So..." Riddle started, making sure to make himself sound casual and undemanding.

"Do you know how far you can, spacial jump?"
Five quickly dotted down his final sentence of his last essay, looking up at the dark haired boy with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure that if I had enough reserved energy I could blink to the other side of the world. Although if I ever did that, I wouldn't expect myself to be jumping any time soon after that." He replied, careful to only roll up the parchment up without smudging any of the near dried ink.

Riddle hummed, stacking his own to be returned books in a small pile.
"Do you know how long you can last?" He asked, Five raising his furrowed dark eyebrows suspiciously.

"Depends on the lengths of the jumps - but if I take continuous smaller ones I can last a good hour or so without taking a break. Though once again my legs will give out - why are you asking me this?"

The prefect merely shrugged.
"Just curious. You really do know your limits."
"But I'm constantly pushing them, so it'll change."

"Extending yourself like that, you could seriously hurt yourself."
The little assassin nodded knowingly.

" ... that's something that I admire." He added, looking up at the smaller's eyes.
Riddle could swear that through the ocean blue haze he could see a momentary glint.

"Thanks, I guess." He stood up.
"Do you want me to take your books?" Riddle looked up a the little assassin, masking his shock.

"If it doesn't bother you, although they all belong up in the taller shelves - I don't think that you'll be able to reach." He replied with a small smirk.

Five took the books into his arms, and blinked.
The raven haired boy looked up, scanning the large shelves.
He found the brunet blinking up and down places - appearing in one place high up balancing on the very small ledges before disappearing and reappearing else where ( sometimes reappearing hanging upside down ) soon returning all the books in their respective columns.

But he didn't come back.
Surely he didn't just leave Riddle all alone, his homework and belongings were still there - waiting to be collected.

He elegantly slid out of his chair after a good two minutes, grasping Five's black leather satchel and following the sudden sounds of squealing.

Behind one of the larger shelves, the prefect soon found the little boy swarmed by several girls in their year - the little assassin struggling to get out of the situation without out harming anyone, finding it a fraction more difficult with them tightly clutching his navy academy blazer (because if he blinked they would go where he went )
They were all groping, as if they were hyenas attempting to take a chunk out of the poor boy.

The prefect outwardly chuckled as the little assassin finally escaped by slipping out of his blazer - brown hair messy in a cute sort of way, tie terribly askew. 

He huffed, giving Riddle a cold - slightly playful - glare, straightening his ebony black tie irritably.
Five held out his arm, navy clothing shooting out of the grasps of the halfblood and muggle born girl's sticky hands - hitting own outstretched one heavily, the boy shaking out his white winter sleeves.

"Stupid little girls and their wandering hands-" He muttered in an irked manner, pulling on his blazer - girls not daring to near him now that Riddle was in his company, retreating back sadly.

"Seems like you have a fan club. Though I'm surprised it took you that long to escape them." The dark haired boy said, amused by the scene that just played out.

"Shut up Tom. Jumped onto me when I returned the last of our books, it annoys me when I can't maim people."

Riddle gave another wide smirk, mindlessly reaching out and running his fingers through the boy's ruffled hair in an attempt to fix it - the  person freezing at the touch.
The dark haired boy was shocked by his own actions as well, pulling away from the fluffy chocolate brown hair.

Five kept the rising blush from going any further than his neck, certain that his ears were tinted slightly with a light strawberry pink.
The fuck?

"Sorry, I don't know what got into me." Riddle quickly apologised, the little assassin brushing down his clothes.
He handed Five his leather satchel, the boy taking it and sliding it over his shoulder.

"Thanks." He mumbled, the awkward tension lessening.
"We should go, curfews in a couple of minutes." Riddle suggested, avoiding eye contact with the other.

Five silently agreed, the two walking out of the dimly lit library, bidding the old librarian goodbye  - navigating their way through the seemingly empty halls in uncomfortable awkward silence.

By the time they passed the large portrait of Salazar in the handsomely decorated common room, Riddle was mentally beating himself up, and Five had decided that he had to break the impregnated tension.

"Goodnight Tom." He said airily, striding into his dorm without a second glance.
"Goodnight Five." Tom replied, just as the little assassin was closing the door with a quiet click.

And just like that, the tension dissipated.

•