Part 12.5 : 56.5

A little one shot + Micro shot

Tom was lonely.

He was back at the Wool's orphanage, with no one but himself and the stack of already finished books that sat on the wooden shelf to keep him company.
The other children were happily socialising, chattering away about the interesting year they had just about finished - while Tom sat at his old wooden desk by the window, head resting in his folded arms.

The dark haired boy missed his boyfriend.

In normal circumstances, he would be someplace else - far away from the wool's orphanage.
Five said that he wouldn't be able to come to the academy this break because it was being cleared of pests, rats in particular, thanks to a certain adopted brother that thought bringing several families of them back with him was a smart idea.

Klaus had sore ears by the time the other adopted Hargreeves were finished with lecturing him.

Before Tom had met the mysterious brunet, he didn't know what loneliness was.
Having never experienced true company in the first place, he couldn't have known what loneliness felt like in the first place.

There was never a person that was there to love him, not even his own parents - and friends were certainly out of the question, he simply decided that solitude wasn't a bad thing.

But, after that time meeting the mysterious boy in his third year - the feelings that were frozen, forgotten, nearly non-existant began to claw their way out.

Soon afterwards he befriended Five, and in their fifth year they officially became a secret couple, exchanging little kisses in unoccupied spaces and sleeping in each other's arms - basking in the warmth of one another under an invisibility charm.

It's now been two weeks into the break, two weeks since the two had even touched, two weeks of being three thousand miles away from each other - separated by the vast ocean.

Tom was being internally depressed, while his lover was doing merlin knows what.

Then there was a sharp rap at the thin birch door (which was beginning to peel after the many years of use), the woman outside not waiting for an answer and instead just walking in.

"Tom, you have a visitor."

The dark haired boy perked slightly, only to be disappointed when the tall lanky figure of Dumbledore entered.
The matron exited, closing the door behind her as she did so - the teen wizard silently rising from his chair and greeting the professor with a nod.

"What brings you here Sir?"

"Please don't call me sir." The boy furrowed his eyebrows a fraction, glaring at the old coot suspiciously as he stepped towards his neatly done bed and sprawled upon it - sighing.

"Shit I'm tired."
Now Tom was concerned.
The old coot didn't swear, definitely not in the presence of a student!

Dumbledore's glossy eyes caught the dark haired boy's own, a large grin stretching across his old face as he pulled the half moon spectacles off and placing it in his navy blazer pocket.
"Hey love, missed me?" He was now staring at the figure of Five, still wary of the boy.

"Why- what?" The brunet pushed himself off the bed, exhaling as he stood in front of Tom - who still towered over him.

" I thought it would be funny to see how you acted if I came looking like that old man, don't worry - it's really me, see?" He grasped the taller, leaning on the tips of his toes in order to rest his head in the crook of the other's neck - as he nearly always did, grasping Tom tightly.

"You sly little thing."
Five merely gave a dimpled grin and pecked the dark haired boy's lips.

"I know."

Micro shot : music au

Five walked up to two strangers with his violin in hand, one blond male practicing viola scales while the other female was applying some makeup.

"Hi, I'm here for the competition. Do you have rosin I can borrow?"

"Yeah I have some, here you go!" The female rubbed the hairs of the bow against the brunet's navy blazer, a thick stripe of rosin rubbing off onto it.

He looked up at her, partially shocked, partially pissed.

"Good luck, don't mess up." The violist said sarcastically, high fiving the woman.

A dark haired boy then approached him, Five recognising him from one of his classes.

"Hey, don't worry about it - here, have some rosin. Let's all do our best, shall we?" Tom said, passing him his rosin after brushing off the white power from his navy sleeve.

"Thank you."

-

"Now, to announce the final winner - please welcome the adjudicator." A man announced over the microphone.

The two rude people and Tom were lined up on the stage, waiting nervously for the results.

The makeup woman and blond both felt their heart stop as Five walked up, looking at the three with a poker face.

"As I said... I'm here for the competition."

I apologise for not writing an actual chapter 😅

Addison again, Five x OC - coming sometime early this year (hopefully)