Part 7 : 51

When Tom returned from the library, the glistening stars had all come out of hiding - all like bright little flames, dying flames that would one day burn out and disappear.

It was obvious that it was snowing outside, a haze of pearly speckled dots falling steadily to the ground - shining and reflecting in any light that managed to grace the flames of snow.

A mix of several different voices from different points of the large academy carried up to the dark haired boy's  room, quiet muted mutters with the occasional outburst of laughter that echoed through the halls.

Tom spotted a neatly folded button down shirt that sat alone on the plain white bed sheets, pristine and stainless.
He picked it up, reading the little initials written in his own handwriting on the small protruding brand tag - T.M.R - immediately realising that this was the same shirt he had changed Five into when he was shot a few months ago - back when the boy was still a fully incomplete puzzle that irked him to no end.

The faint bitter smell of coffee, and inked paper invaded his nose - the metallic scent of blood hiding deep beneath that layer.
Tom opened his leathery ebony trunk, the silver buckled opening with two a sharp click - the dark haired boy carefully placing the shirt in the unoccupied side space, away from his other creaseless shirts.

"You're an interesting person, and if you had not approached me that Spring at the orphanage - I would have been there, bored out of my mind, reading through the book in your hands over and over again. You gave me something new to think about this year as well, and being around you hasn't been half as bad... I don't see why that has to end for good."

Five let out a short breathy chuckle, unsticking himself from the oak tree and crossing his other leg. "Because that'll mean that you're hanging around an assassin, one that made you a murderer."
The dark haired boy's lips curled up slightly, leaning forwards slightly so that he was only a few inches away.

"And who says that I care about being a murderer?"
The brunet clenched his fists into pale balls.
"You should care. Things are different now, we're not children, we've changed  - I've changed, more than any normal being should."

A heavy ominous silence clung in the air, Tom slowly placing his warm hands on either sides of the other's cold face - pressing his forehead gently against Five's own, making sure that he wasn't pushing any boundaries.

"So maybe our relationship should change as well. To something, more than simple acquaintances... more than friends."
The brunet pulled back slightly, cerulean eyes fogged by a dim haze.

"Choose someone else, Tom. I'm a fractured being."
The dark haired boy shook his head, lightly stroking Five's pale milky cheek with his thumb.

"Then I'll fix you"

"Diego won't be here until Friday, he's off working at that stinking boxing club." Allison announced as she stepped into the main kitchen, inspecting Tom with a slightly suspicious look - the dark haired boy seated beside Five on the large wooden table, a small stack of drying parchment and thick textbooks surrounding the two, thin snowy white quills in their hands - neatly writing a four inch essay easily.

"Hey Five, had a good time at school?" She asked while shaking out the small melting specs of snow in her curly hair, looking at the boy expectantly.
"Half the students are insufferable idiots." The brunet replied, looking up with a mischievous grin.

"But I achieved a lot. How's your new movie going?"
"It's not bad, who's the boy?" Allison said curiously, nodding her head towards the dark haired boy beside him - who had looked up and prepared to introduce himself.

"Oh, that's his boyfriend." Klaus quickly filled in with a large loopy grin, stumbling into the room uncoordinatedly with a bottle of Sam Adams loosely clutched within his hand.

"Ooh, boyfriend?" The actress said with a faint smirk, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows in interest.

"Tom Riddle, Slytherin prefect and the unofficial boyfriend of Five- it's a pleasure to meet you." He half lied, forcing a charming smile into his face.

"Same goes to you."
Vanya walked into the room with an extremely nervous and distressed look plastered to her face, fiddling with her fingers anxiously, scanning the room for something.

"Where is it?" She quietly mumbled to herself, gently closing the glass wood framed cabinet she had just opened.
"To what are you referring?" Five asked, continuing to write in his insanely neat handwriting.

"My Tchaikovsky concerto sheet music. I can't seem to find it and I've looked everywhere." The brunette replied worriedly, closing yet another cabinet door with a quiet click.

"You have an audition, don't you - have you checked the bookshelf in your room? Perhaps you misplaced it and put it within one of your theory study books." The cerulean eyes boy suggested helpfully, Vanya sighing as she thanked him and quickly trotted off to her room.

"You know your siblings well." Tom said with an amused expression, dipping his quill carefully in the glass pot of oil black ink.

"I've lived with them for several years, that's more than enough for me to know their strange tendencies - and these things have happened in the past, what's stopping them from happening again?" Five said, giving the dark haired boy a dimpled grin.

"You, however, are still a Riddle I have yet to solve. Mysterious and unknown."

Klaus brought his arms down heavily on the two Slytherin's shoulders, practically draping himself over them.
"Aww, you guys are adorable."
"I won't be when I'm throwing you off the roof." Number four chuckled lightly, shaking his head slowly for on side to side and taking a quick gulp out of his alcoholic beverage.

"Just because Luther did that to you, doesn't mean you have to follow his example!"

☂︎