Part 4 : 48

Snow fell from the clear blue sky the rest of the week, gracing nearly every chilly surface outside of the great wooden entrance doors - piling up and concealing everything underneath a ten inch layer of cold snow.

Students threw on thick layers of warm clothing and ran out to play every break time, the frosty air turning their noses and ears a brilliant shade of rouge - constructing figures out of the snowflakes or dropping large amounts of it down each-other's backs, only to be smashed in the face with a large soft snowball.

In three days a majority of the school would be returning back to their homes to spend the two week Christmas holidays on twenty-second with their families, celebrating the holiday and informing them on how stressful and interesting the first term of their fifth year in Hogwarts was.

Professor McGonagall had been collecting the names of students who had decided to stay at school during the holidays, and was just making her final rounds - asking and collecting the beige parchment lists that had been placed along the uneven pewter stone walls, names written in different fonts and sizes.

As she read through the names and recorded the necessary things needed for the number she was going to have, her thin sharp eyebrows perked - for once in over four years, there was a name that wasn't written neatly on the very top one of those parchments.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

---

A dark haired boy walked up to one of the lists the morning they had been put up, quietly sighing as he scolded himself - the thin writing quill that he thought was in his navy blazer pocket non existent, striding back towards the Slytherin dorms to retrieve the writing tool.

Tom couldn't help but to feel slightly irked, usually he'd have something to write with on him - maybe even an unused pencil that he had decide on keeping within his pockets.
He must have done some late night study on the chamber he had discovered, or found something on dark arts and left it somewhere like his black leather satchel.

As he turned at a corner, his chin connected painfully with a forehead for a moment - furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance as he spoke coldly, bringing his hand up to the the point of collision.
"Watch where you're goi- oh, good morning Aidan."

"Five, I carry a lot of things I... don't want to let go of in this name." The brunet said as he rubbed the little rose mark on his forehead, his steel blue eyes gazing into striking forest green ones.
"Right." Tom replied slowly.
"Do you happen to have a...quill or pencil with you at the moment, Five? I have seemed to have misplaced mine."

Five nodded and reached into his navy blazer pocket, fishing out the thin wooden pencil he had been lent three months ago on the train to Hogwarts.
"Keep it, I believe that it is yours." The dark haired boy thanked the other as he took it, beginning to turn by the heel of his polished obsidian shoes and walk back to the nearest empty list.

"Why did you ask?" He stopped mid turn.
"I'm putting my name down in the list for students staying here, as I do every holiday - there is no chance I'm going back to that, to that muggle orphanage." The brunet shrugged as if he were expecting that answer, placing his hands comfortably into his short pockets.

"You know, instead of staying here - you could come back to the academy with me. We've got plenty of room to spare and I'm sure you'd be interested in checking out the library we have as well, dad studied strange topics and has a large portion of the place dedicated purely on reading material, findings and studying. I know that you must have already read the whole school library by now at this point anyways." Five suggested, the prefect raising an eyebrow - the thought of being able to read and study new things running through his mind. Maybe he even had something on snakes that he had never encountered.