Part 44

Nothing seemed to have changed after the prevention of the apocalypse, Five and Tom being the only ones that were aware of it was probably why - no one has to worry about the fact that they nearly died a horrible death, it was as simple as that.
It had been three weeks since

Actually, I lied.

Something did change.

The two boy's perspectives on each other opened up, they didn't know what - or how they remembered, but somehow, they did.

The memories they shared since they exchanged books at Wool's Orphanage seemed to have been locked away and pushed deep down in the very recess of their minds, all but forgotten.

Why they decided to push those memories away in the first place isn't just a single answer.
Even if their friendship lasted only for a short amount of time, it still hurt too much to know one another existed - and that the likelihood of them meeting again was unlikely.
They were each other's first friend, both with the capability to read extremely complex things at a young age, both with the near same cold mask, both with an incredibly logical mind - the similarities that they'd never find with another person.

It was best to think that they were alone from the start.

But now that they remember, Tom and Five - or Aidan as the dark haired called him when they were younger - couldn't help but to feel a little bit awkward.

The question now, is whether or not to tell the brunet that he remembered - because at the moment Five thinks he's the only one who found those memories.

To tell, or not to tell, that is the question.

Tom wasn't sure whether he wanted things to go back to the way they were nearly eight years ago, or if Five himself wanted them to re-mend their forgotten childhood relationship.

It would be a great way to come closer to the end of his puzzle, and from what he could tell - there was so much more to the boy than he had originally thought.

The blue eye's boy's knowledge of parseltongue being one of them, did he know other languages as well? How and when did he learn them? Why does he nearly always wear his Umbrella academy uniform during the weekends, or when he doesn't have to be in the school attire?

The dark haired boy sighed, pulling on his heavy winter robes over his smokey grey blazer - now wasn't the time to be thinking about that, he should focus on the end of term tests, he should stop thinking about Five so much.

That'll work out well for him, that's what he concluded on - his followers will start to get suspicious if he focuses too much on that boy.

There's always next term to wonder about that boy.

---

"That haze in your eyes has come back, what's wrong Five?" Cicero asked his friend worryingly, carefully chopping the bat spleen into several small pieces.
"Just... nervous for the end of term tests." The brunet replied convincingly, the platinum blond buying his lie and grinning widely.

"You don't need to worry, you're basically top of the class - always full marks or assignments and all knowing."

"Don't put the spleen in yet, it'll explode." Five warned.

"See! That just backs up my point, now keep an eye on me before I make another mistake." Just as he said that he put the spleen into the brewing potion, completely forgetting what the brunet had told him, a brilliant sparkling fog bursting out of it and covering the two.

When it had died down, Cicero's hair was a magnificent electric blue - and Five's was snow white, paler than what the now blue haired boy's hair colour once was.

"Oh dear! No mind, no mind - everyone makes little mistakes, I'd be lying if I said I never made a few of my own." Professor slughorn said cheerfully, waving his wand and reverting the boy's hair colours back to their original shades.

"There, all fixed - if you hurry then you'll still have time to make another batch." Cicero slowly turned to Five, giving a sheepish and slightly guilty grin."

"Sorry about that." The brunet shrugged casually, already beginning to re-brew the potion.
"Blue hair looks terrible on you."

The blond chuckled, taking the other's actions as acts of forgiveness.
"Yeah, you don't look too bad with white hair. You should dye it to that colour." Five turned his neck to face his friend, grinning sarcastically - speaking just as contemptuously.
"I'll take that into consideration, I'm going to get another eel eye."

"Okay." The wooden chair moved back without the deafening screech others would usually make, walking over to the shelves that held the ingredients - which had happened to be right by Tom, who was working without a partner since there was an odd number of students (not that it affected him in any shape or form.)

"If you're looking for an eel eye, there won't be any left - Mulciber took the last one." The dark haired boy informed the other.
"You can use some of mine - just don't drop it or use it all." He said, passing Five a small clear glass jar with several small eyes while stirring his potion, carefully counting his counterclockwise stirs.

"Thanks."

"Just bring them back before the end of the lesson Aidan."

•