Part 16

Five was sitting at the near empty Slytherin table, pouring himself a large mug of hot black coffee.
Cicero was sitting beside him, eyes lidded and half awake - a few other tired students scattered around the table and mumbling to wither themselves or the person beside them.

Five sighed after taking a sip of his coffee, jaw clenching as he spoke.
"Jesus, who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?"
He placed the steaming mug back down, internally cringing at the shit taste of the school's coffee.

"Kill? You don't mean literally, do you?" Five gave Cicero a single glance, eyes glinting as he remembered his night at Griddy's donuts.
"Of course I mean literally, Cicero, you know that I've killed. Many people."
Cicero waved his snowy hand, nodding.

"Oh yeah, sorry - my brain isn't functioning at the moment."
He mumbled before burying his head in his arms, black framed glasses sitting beside him miserably.
The old teen exhaled shortly, looking down at his half awake friend.

"I forgot something in our dorm. I'll see you at d.a.d.a." Five said, pushing himself up and walking off soundlessly - his footsteps non existent.

Walking without being heard was an important skill an assassin needs, in order to follow and eliminate their target without alerting them.
Of course, Five got this naturally.
It was almost frightening.

When the old teen walked out of the dungeons, he had a satchel hanging off a strap- charcoal black with a silver buckle.
It bumped against his hip lightly with every step he took, the contents well placed so that it wouldn't clatter and shatter at any given point in time.

When he arrived at the doors that lead into the Defense against dark arts room, he was met with the sight of a tall figure - piercing emerald eyes looking into his sapphire ones.
"Morning Riddle." Tom gave a slight nod, replying curtly.
"Hargreeves."

After a few seconds of constipated silence, Tom spoke up - his words anything but hesitating.
He had shifted his body so that he was properly facing the shorter boy.
"Don't you have a real name?" 
"I do, It's Five."
Tom's eyebrows furrowed.

"It's just another Riddle, Tom, Figure it out like you always do." 
A light sneer overcame Tom's face, annoyance written on his face.
"Don't call me by my first name."

Five gave a sarcastic grin - placing his hands in his trouser pockets.
"Sure thing Tom."
Before the black haired boy could do anything, Cicero - along with several other students from both Slytherin and Ravenclaw- came into view, chatting as if they weren't all dead a moment ago.
Their conversation immediately stopped as they saw both Five and Tom, facing each other as if they were about to duel to the death - air suddenly very thick with something.

The tension was lifted when a tall, lanky teacher with strawberry blond hair poked her head out of the frame and told everyone to enter.
Unlike McGonagall, this woman's hair was pulled back in a loose bun - a grey hair band with ruby red stones stuck onto it.
Although her choice of clothing was similar, black with sleeves that draped down from her wrists like the branches of a willow tree.
She introduced herself as Professor Merrythought in a strong voice, fingers folded in front of her in a complex pattern.

"Welcome to yet another year of Hogwarts children, during this year we will learn new techniques, curses and defences-" 
Merrythought continued her long and well prepared speech, a large portion of the children listening with keen ears - while the smaller majority fumbled around and paid no mind towards the professor.

That was, until she announced the duel.

"Today, I'll be picking out two students at a time. They will duel until one is either fully disarmed or in a position where I think is vulnerable enough to end the duel, the use of forbidden curses is prohibited - and any spells that cause any life threatening injuries are not to be performed. Now, those who wish to duel, raise your hand clearly."

Hands soon shot up into the air, Five's own pale one half up in a casual and non-urgent manner.
Merrythought's eyes landed on two Slytherin's hands, grinning as she called them out.

"Riddle, I assume you know what you are doing?"
The teen gave an artificial grin as he nodded.
"Nothing less is expected from a prefect. Now, Five - it is known that you only started attending any wizarding school yesterday, do you feel ready?"
Five clicked his tongue, shrugging slightly as he tugged his black winter cloak forwards.

"Oh, I'm sure I've got a few tricks up my sleeve Professor."
She nodded.
"Draw your wands, stand back to back and take ten paces. On the count of three, you begin."
Tom reached into his inner breast pocket and pulled out his wand, standing in front of Five and towering over him by 6 inches.
Five just stood there, hands still hiding in his black trouser pockets.

"Five, where is your wand?"
The boy turned to the teacher, giving a short coy smile.
"Well you see, Ollivander told me that I needn't require a wand. Something about me having a, rare ability of some sort."
Merrythought hid her shock with another short nod.

"Well then, boys, ten paces."
As the two did as they were told, the other students cleared the way for them - not wanting any particular injuries of any sort. 

"One." 
The boys face each other again.
"Two."
Riddle lifted his phoenix feather wand.
"Three!"

"Everte satum!" 
The spell hit Five's shield, air blasting the students around him.

"Expelliarmus!" 
The disarming charm was quickly cut off by the charcoal haired boy, the red light disappearing as a new one flew by.
"Impedimenta!"
Five was quickly thrown off his feet, the students forming a large gap - only for their actions to be completely useless as nothing hit the ground.

Murmurs filled the room as Five stayed out of sight, shouts and cheers resonating off the polished stone walls as Five reappeared behind  Riddle in a blue light and cast the spell 'ventus', the teen reacting a split second too slow - spell making him loose his steadiness, which he quickly regained.

This complex dance continued, dangerous colours flying by in quick succession as the two avoided or repelled them away.

On Five's third spacial jump he had reappeared in front of the teen, knocking the back of Riddle's knees harshly as if he had practiced this many times before catching him - bridal style.

He gave another coy smile as he huffed slightly, the taller boy in his arms giving him a shocked glare.
"Why hello there."