Part 33

From what Tom had gathered, Five Hargreeves was a mysterious, cold and logical boy who was born on the 31st of October - born with powers by a single mother who hadn't been pregnant the morning of his birth, adopted by a billionaire along with six other children - who had been birthed on the same day. Scattered around the world, and sold away by their shocked mothers.

Born with the power to manipulate the space-time continuum, which he pushed as far as his body allowed him to - disappearing and reappearing one day, and suddenly finding that he could do wandless magic, which was most likely discovered at Ollivanders, considering that the books and the information that he had been given September first showed no evidence that proved he had even known that he was a unique 'wizard'.

A very skilled assassin who could mercilessly kill a large group of people efficiently and impossibly fast without a hint of hesitation hitching his graceful moments.

A boy who was focused on preventing an apocalypse of some sort - and went through a lot of agony from what he could observe in Five's painful memory.

A coffee lover that has a strange liking towards peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches, that secretly loves and takes care of those that deem worthy of his hidden layer.

A boy that certainly intrigues and shocked him. The especially the other night.

Why?

Because inside the book, Vanya Hargreeves mentioned that Five ran away when he was fifteen.

And right now - he doesn't look a day older than a fifth year at Hogwarts.
And he had to be at least twenty two, seeing that when the book had been written he had already been missing for seven full years - and when he had followed Five the brown haired woman mentioned something about age regression.

Barely any of these fit together well enough, the puzzle was still scattered - and he had a couple edge pieces and a few lumps of other random ones blindly placed around the area.

Riddle still needed more information, more of Five's mysterious story, more of the boy's twisted and pained memories.

Then an idea struck him, a risky one that didn't have the best success rate.
But enough of one to give him a chance to find out more.

Cicero had expected Five to be completely hungover and drop dead, considering his drunk condition the night before.

He was shocked to find the boy perfectly fine, with no sign of any headaches or unsteadiness (he had enough experience with his older friends to know the consequences of drinking) - aside from his usual logical and stressed out self being, well logical and stressed out - he was completely fine.

It definitely frightened the platinum haired boy slightly.
Although, he did have fairly distant ocean blue eyes that plagued him- but he knew better than to question it, and simply left him alone more than usual.

The day had sped by like the road runner.
Riddle was quick to catch the familiar foggy haze that clouded the little assassin's eyes.
This made him ponder - what exactly would of caused this?

He wanted answers. But now wasn't the best time to be executing his plan - instead, he had to focus on getting a little bit closer to the boy.

No matter what it took, he was special - out of the ordinary black and white surroundings that he so often found himself in.

This boy was that splash of azure blue and crimson red that he needed to keep himself boring his mind to death.

But he had to take it slowly, ask little questions only, and earn his trust - before continuing with what he had in mind.

So during the free time where Five placed himself in the far corner of the library (near the area he had been found drunk as a skunk) finishing off the miniature stack of homework he had to complete - Riddle had asked if he could join the boy.

"Knock yourself out." He quickly replied, finishing the last two inches of his essay about werewolves for DADA, which was already a good arms width long.

The raven haired boy pulled out his own homework and bag and began to work through it, waiting for a half hour before even daring to speak - in order to not cause suspicion, and make it seem like he just wanted a simple conversation.

"Wandless magic is a rare gift to have, I don't understand why you don't use that gift very often." Five paused with his scribbling and looked up through his messy chocolate brown hair - which had been disarranged from him running his fingers through it whilst he wrote efficiently in his neat handwriting so much.

"I've noticed that you spend your time either writing in your notebook or doing homework." He quickly added.

The little assassin exhaled, eyes twitching as he ran his tired fingers through his hair again.
"Time is precious, and I don't have enough of it. If I did I would have already-"

"- pushed yourself to see how far you could go in terms of magic?" The prefect finished with a somewhat knowing tone.
The hazy azure eyes widened slightly.
"Yeah..."

"I read the book your sister wrote - which is interesting, may I add - I'm merely basing things off what she's written. So don't flatter yourself." He half lied easily.

It was part of the truth, but he had been watching the boy closely enough to figure that much out.

The brunet nodded slowly, tired eyes focussing back on his next charms essay on the development of magic over the Millenia.

Riddle returned to his own essays, the two working through the small mountain in complete and utter silence - apart from the quills quietly scratching along the smooth surface of the fresh parchment, the quiet atmosphere just waiting to be abruptly shattered.

It's 24:21, forgive my grammar and confusing writing

It's 24:21, forgive my grammar and confusing writing. Feel free to question what I meant if you don't understand anything.