Part 08

"Fascinating? What do you mean by that?" Diego asked, stowing away the throwing knife that he was just polishing.

The box that was just levitating was carefully placed back down with a light thud, the sound nearly drowned out by the wand maker's rapid explanation.

"Well you see - Your brother, he has something unique, and by that I mean- it's been unseen in the last thousand years, he can naturally do magic. Without the need of a wand, that's why none of them will pare up with him young boy.
You see, it takes years - decades of practice to be able to perform wandless magic.
Tell me Five, what do you feel when you're holding a wand?"

Five shrugged, responding.
"Nothing out of the ordinary sir." Ollivander grinned and turned back to Klaus and Diego, clasping his hands.

His excitement was honestly frightening.

"You see, Five doesn't need a wand. He can't really. It just won't feel natural to him, and it's unnecessary to waste money on an item that he's not even going to need.
His magical core must be very large, and very strong - and through practice he could strengthen that core and extend it even more." The old man said, his voice going soft again.

Ollivander turned to Five.
"You're going to do wonderful things Five, work hard and strive to do your best. You got your work cut out for you since this is your first year." The old teen smiled for a second, replying.
"Oh I'm sure that I'll manage sir."

The wand maker bade the boys farewell, the door closing silently behind them as they exited.

"Well, I guess we just saved some money then, Five." Diego said, patting the pouch of money that was tied to one of his pant's loopholes.

"I've never done so much smiling at once in the last 43 years of my life, honestly it hurts my face. Now which cruddy shop are we visiting next?" Five said, shoving his hands into his navy shorts pockets.

"Ooh, let's go to that clothes shop. I wanna see you dressed up in a cute little school uniform." Klaus suggested, clapping his hands excitedly.

"You puke bag."

The three made their way to Madame Malkin's robes for all occasions.
Five and Diego carefully weaving through the crowd while Klaus danced through it.

"Why is my brother such a moron?" Five muttered to himself, opening the door to their next shop.

They were greeted by a short witch, who wore half moon spectacles and a purple dress with swirly prints on it.
She grinned as she greeted the boys, telling them that she'll be there to attend to them once finishing up with her current customer.

Five wandered around with his hands still him his pockets, wondering how these people were capable of doing that much smiling in one day.

As the old teen did so, he caught eye with the witches current customer.
Half his face was covered by a tall cloak rack, but from one glance he could already tell that this emeral eyed boy was the sly type.

He looked around the same age as as Five himself, only physically of course, and had jet black hair that fell in what seemed to be natural waves.

He broke eye contact as his brother shook him violently by his shoulder.

If it were any other real teen they'd be thrown off their feet immediately.

"Hey Five, do you know that every time I close my eyes, I see a diarrhetic hippo about to shit on my face?" Klaus said, chuckling in an almost insane manner and shuddering violently as he closed his tired eyes for a second.

"How disturbing can your mundane thoughts become?" Five said as the front door closed with a quiet clack, the witch grinning as she beckoned Five over.

"Hogwarts, yes?" Five gave another sarcastic smile and nodded, although the woman didn't seem to notice anything.

"Great, my name is madam Malkin. Could you now stick your arms up - that's it - and hold them there for a tick."

The woman sized the robes up and fitted them, three sets, plain black - along with a grey blazer with the school logo carefully seen into the outer breast pocket - and grey v back vest sweater.
Five picked out black dragon hide gloves, Klaus throwing well a plain black pointed hat that he most definitely wasn't going to wear often.
He was also given a winter cloak, ebony with silver fastenings.

Klaus chirped happily as he clapped his hands, jumping on the balls of his heels as he told Five how killer he looked in formal wear.

Five picked out the correct sized grey slacks and shorts that he had to wear, deciding on buying and extra black tie and a couple of white button down shirts in case he needed to wear it if he ever used the tie for some other purpose.

Diego payed and Five said his goodbyes with a forced smile, the pouch now considerably lighter than it was before they'd entered the shop.

Five and the others purchased the other books and equipment he needed, picking out a few extra books on something called dark arts for some light reading.

By the time they had finished purchasing Five's things and wandering around, the clear blue sky had faded into a mesmerising mix of orange and purple.

The the boys strolled back through the open brick wall, and quickly made their way back to the leaky cauldron. The shop giving off a magnificent, hazy glow in the fading light.

•