Chapter 17 The Boss Man

I haven't come out to the boss man yet. He sent me to another store and the next day the one manager there we will call her "L" asked him if I wanted to go by Tobias, which is the name that I chose. He asked me about it the next day.

He said "so do you know any to go by Tobias? "L" asked me and I had no idea."

"Yes eventually when I completely come out." I said.

"Well you will always be Shelia." He smiled.

Shelia is the nickname he came up with when he spelled my dead name wrong. Hes a good guy and a great boss.

I know it's gonna be hard for people to call me Tobias or Toby considering they been calling me by my dead name for so long. It's crazy that it's all like this but in the end I need to be me so I can officially be happy.

He still is calling me "Shelia" but he's trying. He texted a friend saying "don't let Tobias get too drunk." So that shows he is trying. I am not mad at him in anyway. I know it takes time. He's a kick ass boss and I don't know if he would even ever read this but hey if he does then he'll know how I feel. Like I don't want anyone to be like why aren't you getting on his case for it? Simple I'm not like everyone else. Yeah it hurts but I'm not going to flip out and tell him off in anyway. I think when I start to transition and it becomes more obvious that yes he'll do better with calling me Tobias or even Toby. The girls at work have been calling me Tobias or Toby and I think that will help him too.