Chapter 25 "Kathleen"

So I had my appointment with my therapist today! Well when I got there the receptionist that checked me in asked if I was Tobias. I said yes ma'am. Meanwhile the other receptionist bless her heart leaned over and was like I saw the name Tobias and the last name and wonder if it was any relation to you then I was like no wait that is Sheila. She was like forgive me if I call you Sheila. I said I understand since she knows me from my doctor's office when she worked there.  It felt good because now in my charts I am Tobias. I won't have to hide who I am or anything and gosh it feels great!

I asked the receptionist if my therapist got the fax from Dr. Alligood. She was like let me check. So she went to check and came back saying she didn't see anything. At that point I was like fuck! I was like I will double check with her and if she don't have it I will get a hold of Dr. Alligood's office.

So I was waiting I was snapping "Marie" telling her what was going on. I was like freaking out. I was like I hope she got it I don't want to be held back from doing this.

So when she came to get me we walked back. When she shit the door to her office she said let's talk about this. She held the papers she printed out. I was like oh is that from Dr. Alligood's office. She said yes. So we discussed it.

She was like I don't see a problem with signing this to get you started. We had an update in our system so I don't know where your stuff is from when you first came here. She's like I will make sure your dysphoria is documented.

I felt like I could cry. Now its waiting for her to send the paper back to Dr. Alligood's office. Then once she does that Dr. Alligood office will get into contact with me. I can't wait for that because then  my testosterone will be called into the pharmacy. From there I will set up an appointment with Dr. Alligood's nurse so I can be shown how to give myself the injections. I know when that day comes I'm gonna cry. For I will be one step closer to being me!

I asked "Marie" to come with me when it comes time for shot day! She was thrilled that I asked. Now it's just waiting for that and oh my God I hope it happens ASAP! I know patience is a virtue but I've been waiting for this my whole life! Of course I will keep you all updated as my journey continues. It's so fucking exciting and I can feel myself getting emotional.

Also I feel like since this all started to happen I been happier. I have been smiling more. I feel more content. I feel happy. It's a great feeling. I can't wait.