Chapter 21 Family

What about family you ask? How are they dealing with it? Well that's tough because it's all over the place. I never had anyone say they hated me or anything of that nature. But it's difficult for some of them to say Tobias I guess or bro or son even.

My mom when she found out we were in the car driving home because I picked her up from work. She said to me "you know I always wanted a son." That made me choke up and I cried a little. I was like yes she'll call me son and what not. Sadly though she hasn't really. Do I correct her? No I feel like what's the point any more. I should correct her but I feel like sometimes it's one ear and out the other. Hopefully she'll come around.

My older sister well where do I begin there. Like she claims she's okay with it but honest to God I don't know if she really is or not. I post poetry on Facebook expressing my feelings since that is the easiest for me to do. She claims it will take time. She'll call me bro one minute then back to sis the next. Ugh it is frustrating but once I start T, then I think I will be more assertive.

My younger sister I don't really talk to as much as I should but so far she seems okay with it. She hasn't really stated otherwise or anything.

My youngest niece, now she's a trip. I can't get mad at her or anything she's two going to be three soon. My sister one night asked her if she wanted to call me uncle Tobias. This child didn't skip a beat when she said Uncle Sheba Tobias. Like in her way it was the sweetest thing. They already call me Uncle Sheba. I knew it was going to be an adjustment either way. I wonder what she'll do when I get facial hair on my face and my voice gets deep.

My oldest niece, it's crazy how much we are alike. She's actually the on that helped me come out as trans whether or not she knows that I don't know. She came out as gay. I got encouraged by her which is why then I came out as trans. She calls me he all the time and corrects her mom. Shes a kick ass niece! I hope that when things start to change physically that she'll be okay still. I will always be in her corner. If anyone fucks with my nieces they'll have to answer to me.

My cousin Jen, I know she won't mind me using her name or at least I hope not since I have a lot of cousins. We are friends of Facebook and the one on my sperm donors side who I will talk to know matter what. She's going through her own stuff right now. I know someday she'll read this and know how much she has impacted my life with just the few words she said to me. We all got together for my sperm donors birthday. My sister didn't want to go alone so I figured I go with. I wanted to be nice and be there with her so she wasn't alone. Anyways long story short a lot of people were there including my cousin. Well she called up her son so he could say hi to everyone. When she got to me she was like this is your cousin Tobias. She didn't even bat an eye let alone stutter. It was like she knew me as Tobias her whole life. She's awesome and I hope she knows what they moment meant to me.