Chapter 13 "Amber"

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend Amber. She has always been there for me, even though we are miles apart. She told me to do things which I didn't listen too and I should've. I don't know how I got lucky to have her as my best friend. I love her more than anything.

I told her I was transgender and of course she was as accepting. Which is why I'm so glad I was open with her. She surprised me one morning with a text. I was up and getting around to see that I had a text from her from the night before. 

This is what she wrote:

Hey handsome, I know you are probably in bed for work or hibernating from this cold weather. I wanted you to know that I am proud of you for finally being you. Whether your family approves or not, I am here. Larry knows how I feel about you actually he has known long before me and him got together. Pretty much, my feelings will never hide cause you are everything to me and I wasn't joking when I said that I am coming up there after this is all over with the Pandemic. Yes, I realize my health is a greater risk right now and that's why I am staying put but I am not going to stop fighting to keep healthy for the fact I want to see you and be able to have at least a chance to show that no matter our distance that I will do anything to be by your side. You are my everything and always will be. I love you Sheila Marie Jarrett (Shaun Tobias)

I was speechless. She was my best friend and she loves me for me. I love her too. So I wrote back:

Aww that's really sweet. I'm just getting up for work. I don't know why I agreed to take this shift lol. But it's all good. It would be nice to see you. You just gotta worry about your health. I'm not going anywhere.

So later on when I was at work I sent her a picture of myself. I said to her:

I'm wearing my chest binder today.

Her response was woooohoooo.

Now that is what a best friend is all about. Granted we may have had our fights over stupid shit or what not but that isn't going to change anything, she'll always be my best friend. No matter what. I will always be her Romeo as she will be my Juliet.