Chapter 11 "Ms. Moore"

This chapter is dedicated to Ms. Moore. She is a wonderful person and one of the first group of people I came out to as lesbian, of course it was written in a journal but none the less she accepted me for me. When ever I had a problem she was there to help me get through it. I'm glad to still be in touch with her even with not being in school. It took me a bit to tell her that I was transgender but when I finally did I felt relief. I wrote her a message on Facebook that said:

Hey Ms. Moore, I know I can tell you anything which is why I'm sending you a message. I have been doing a lot of thinking. I have known for a long time but I haven't accepted it until now. It's difficult to tell people because of not knowing how they would react. I think it's partially where some of my anger comes from because I'm not being true to who I really am. I have been thinking about it for a long time. I haven't told family yet which is going to be the hardest because I have been putting it off. Anyways you are probably like what or else you may sort of have a clue what I want to tell you. I'm transgender. I have talked to my therapist and I know it's going to take time. So I'm taking little steps here and there. Of course talking to my therapist is helping. I have a good support system to those that I have already told. It's who I am and I'm glad I can embrace it. If it wasn't for a close friend I don't know where I would be today. She talked to me and helped me through it and accept it. I shouldn't have to hide it anymore. I don't expect a response or anything I just wanted to let you know. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. 

She responded with: Thank you for sharing with me! You are awesome no matter what! You have to love yourself first, for who you are. Those that love you accept you just as you are and for who you become.

I wrote back to her: Thank you so much. I am starting to love myself and I have been feeling a lot better. It's like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel less stressed besides worrying about how I'm going to tell my family.

She wrote: They've supported you so far!

I wrote: Yes they have. Some coworkers that I have told already knew.

She wrote: Keep me posted!

I wrote: I will.

She wrote: I'm always here!!

I wrote: I know and I appreciate that so much. You're amazing.

She wrote: I'm honored you've confided in me all these years!

I wrote: You are pretty freaking awesome. You have encouraged me with my writing and helped me even if you are not aware of it.

She wrote: It's truly my pleasure! I am so glad you're still writing!!

I wrote back: Me too. I'm actually working on a book about me coming out as trans to people. Each chapter is dedicated to someone and I would like to write a chapter about you if that's okay?

She wrote back: I would be honored.

So thank you Ms. Moore for all that you have done for me. You mean a lot to me and I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing this.