Chapter 30 Testosterone Update

I went to see Dr. Alligood again. She asked if I have noticed any changes since starting testosterone. I was like hair. Hair everywhere! I got a start of a mustache going on. Some hair on my chin but just on each side none in the middle. Then of course my chest. There's hair all over it. My choice changed slightly but then it was back to normal. I can't wait until my voice changes completely. This is an amazing journey and I'm glad I have so many friends who are by my side through this all.

Dr. Alligood talked to me about up my testosterone. So I instead of injecting 1ml intramuscular I will be doing 1.5ml when I'm able to give myself a shot again. I'm amazed by how far I have come. I wasn't good with needles.  Now it's like nothing.

She had me go for blood work to see where my levels are at. There was some few concerning things like my glucose was 110. Another few things that were elevated was my platelets it was at 416.  Then my MCH was 33.3. My AST was 13 which was low. I'm not really sure what it all means or if I should be concerned. I also don't know if my kidney stone is effecting any of the numbers or not.

I know I need to get on track and lose weight. I'm wanting to ride a bike again. That what I use to do all the time when I was younger. I need to be active like that again. Depression of course doesn't help any either. Like it's so frustrating. I'm fighting to be who I am while trying to fight depression as well as anxiety.

I know soon on my journey I will have to get top surgery. I'm so ready for that. I want to do without my boobs. They are a big part of my dysphoria. It's crazy it has been four months now since I been on testosterone soon to be five.

I just had my three month follow up to see where my t-levels are at. I go Monday to get blood work to see. She moved me up to the max dosage. I'm super excited. I got her nurse food though when she asked if I was sexually active and I was like yes with myself. She laughed so hard. I couldn't help it. In October I will be going back to to see how I'm doing on the new dosage. Then it will be yearly I will have to go back to see her.

I will continue to update as more things develop.