Chapter 18 The DM

I just want to saying how freaking amazing my job is. I work for a big company that many people know or have heard of, which is Sheetz! As of 2021 I've been there for six years. Which is the longest I been at a job.

So I'm going to change the name of our District Manager (DM), because once this does get published I don't know if I have the okay to put her name in it since I didn't as her. So we will call her "Nikki".

Anyways she came in today June 22, 2021. I was going to punch out when "B" (who I previously wrote about) was like wait "Nikki" wants to talk to you. Having anxiety you instantly think the worse when someone says about wanting to talk. So of course I start to think what did I do now? "Nikki" was talking to the boss man so I stood outside the office door waiting until they got done.

Once done "Nikki" had me come into the office and shut the door. The conversation was as followed as closely as I can remember:

"This is between us. It's not anyone's business what we are talking about."

I stood there panicking. "Okay." Not really sure what she was talking about.

"It's been brought to my attention that you may want to go by a different name. Whether that name is Sheila or Tobias, we support you 100%."

At that point I started to cry. I been dealing with depression and dysphoria the last few weeks that her saying that made me ecstatic. She gave me a hug.

"Is that tears of joy?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"We support you and if there's anything we can do just let us know. Your going to make me cry."

Her saying that just means so much to me. She gave me a high five and told me to have a good day.

For that I been smiling non stop. It means so much to me. That this big company can support those of the transgender community. I am proud to work for this company. I hope that I am going to be there for a long time.

So "Nikki" if you happen to end up reading this just know that you made my day! It means a lot. Thank you for being so supportive.  Thank you to Sheetz as well for being such an amazing company that people like me can work for and be 100 % supportive.

"Nikki" did say for me not to confuse people by one day going into the woman's restroom and then the next go into the men's. I said of course I get that.

I ended up telling "B" later on that I won't go into the men's room until I get facial hair when I start T. I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable either way.

We had our employee recognition in which we get a piece of paper with our name and how long we have been at Sheetz on it. Well, "Nikki" apologize profusely that they put the wrong name. She was like I will make sure to get you another one. Sad part is she will no longer be our DM were getting someone new and I hope she's as supportive!

So again thank you "Nikki" and Sheetz for being so freaking amazing and 100% supportive!!!