Chapter 29 "Janet" update

January 5 the district manager "Nikki" came in for a routine visit. Well when she saw me she said "I will be calling you on the situation to see if anything has changed." I thought she was talking about the Veteran's Day issue that I had. So I was like sounds good. She said if it was "today it be tomorrow. I have guitar lessons and something else afterwards." "Not a problem." I said.

She didn't call me on the 5, it ended up being the 6. I was over at my sister's at the time so I was like let me step outside. My sister knew everything that was going on.  Of course my sister's husband was trying to make jokes like her normally does and I was like I hope "Nikki" doesn't hear him. 

So I go outside to have some privacy when I talk to her. This is how the conversation went from what I can remember: ( something's maybe be our of order but overall you will get the picture)

"The calls to the 800 come directly to me then. I wanted to touch base with you. So what do you want to happen with this?" She asked.

"Honestly, I just would want her to respect my wishes and call me Tobias."

"I know Paco talked to her and stuff anything happen after that?" She questioned.

"Just what I said when I called the 800 number she hasn't said anything to me since."

"I been meaning to ask you, what are your preferred pronouns?" She asked.

"He and him."

"I figured that just wanted to double check with you. I also find what your doing really brave." She said.

"Thank you. My family is still getting use to it. Takes time and I get that but they are at least trying."

"I'm going to have a talk with her and if the problem continues now that you have my number just reach out to me directly. I will take action if it continues." She informed me.

She praised me a few more times. That meant a lot to me especially come from her. She has been amazing and I hope someday if she happens to see this she'll know it's about her. It sucks she's gonna be leaving us to move away with her family. I just hope whoever takes her place is as supportive as she is.

So "Nikki" thank you for everything and being a wonderful advocate for the LGBTQ community. You have no idea what the support means especially in the state of Pennsylvania.

Today January 20 "Nikki" reached out just checking in with me. I told her everything was good and if anything changed I would let her know.