37. 》》 Palinoia

(n.) the obsessive repetition of an act until it is perfect or mastered.

"Takeout food at your service!" Dawn showed-off the polybags hampered with foil boxes of cheap fast food

"Takeout food at your service!" Dawn showed-off the polybags hampered with foil boxes of cheap fast food. Its greasy scent floated through the room and infused saliva in my mouth, and my eyes widened in a cheeful surprise as Misty beamingly followed the bluette into my room, softly pulling the door close.

"It ain't even six in the evening and you guys brought dinner." I cackled in quite an awkward manner and scratched the back of my dishelved hair.

"Who even said that it's just for you, tiny tot?" The carrothead kiddingly meddled in as she plopped herself down on the carpet by the window, Her orange hair were glossy under the pool of progressive sunlight that creeped into the room.

I sucked in my cheeks. "That was rude."

"'Mkay, whatever." She retorted, focus upon removing the cardboard lid off the food boxes, while Dawn spreaded out a few napkins across the carpet.

"Chinese is like the best cuisine out there! I'm ready to kick the shin of that person who hates it." The bluehead weeb blabbered haughtily and then turned to look at me with a dubious frown. "And I know that you hate the smell of vinegar so I didn't bring a single sachet. Now get down here or we'll eat up your servings without cautions!"

And totally not in a mood to ruin the lightness of the moment, I stepped off and sat cross-legged in between the two girls, our backs leaning against the bed rim as we pursued unwrapping the heaps of food with a pleasantly occupied silence.

"May and Lilz?" I questioned, my forehead puckering as Misty tossed over disposable plates.

"Lillie was on a Facetime call with, ahem," She noisily cleared her throat, giving me a short sideways glance. "You know who."

"I swear!" Dawn bounced in her seat. "My God, Lillie and her girl are so - I Can't -" And then let out a demonic squeal, cupping her mouth in the process - to which Misty face-palmed.

They all knew, And how did Lillie manage to round up the courage, or perhaps not, was another long story. It was in January - when our break had ended and when I still was in that bitter, heartsick state - we were hanging out in the canteen during recess when Lillie's phone rung, and because it was the third time already, the girls shot her deadly looks while she just shrugged it off.

Then I don't know whether satan took over her cellphone or what happened, but the call was picked up on itself whilst it was in Lillie's pocket. And yes, it was on speaker.

So technically and looking back on that day, I don't think it was Lilz who had to gather the nerves to disclose everything - the cellphone did it for her. And an outcome that I hadn't chalked out uncovered itself; The girls didn't shove Lillie with nonsense questions or put their noses into her choices, they on the flip side, adored the relationship from afar and constantly stated that yes, they were glad for her.