18. 》》 Scintilla

❝ (n.) a tiny, brilliant flash or spark.❞

That night was the most prolonged one I had ever experienced in my entire life

My thighs pained with the constant tossing and turning precisely each minute, A 'tch' escaped my mouth whenever I closed my eyes and my mind built up impossible recapitulations of what possibly could happen the next day.

I didn't dare checking the time. It must be past two, or even four, only Satan knew. The nightlamp was switched on, its light washing over the side table and relieving any signs of fear within me - darkness you know?

I've never, ever, slept in an unlit room since years. And I'm not even hoping to perform such stunt in the future either.

I rolled over and now sided the balcony, my eyes growing thrice the size as the first few rays of sunrise started blinding the vision. Mornings arrive rather belated during winters, and because the sun had intensified already, it meant there was a possibility that we could be late.
"Shoot." I hissed whilst throwing the quilt off - regretting it the next instant as I stood on the floor, barefoot, in my cotton pyjamas.

At what tragic hour did I claim liking this frigid season? Must've been a mistake.

Like in a flash, I danced on one toe to another for approaching the hallway. Lillie's room was right next to mine so I blowed its door with multiple knocks before reaching Dawn and then Misty's.

When I was about to knock the carrothead's door in grogginess, I found it unlocked and widely open already, and it made sense. Misty was the freaking captain so she couldn't afford not turning up on time.

I switched on the lights in the living area because that easily is the best solution to wake someone up, now isn't it?

I heard a few incoherent cuss words from Dawn's room and it made me smile victoriously as I brushed my teeth in the washroom. After a few gargles I blitzed into the bluehead's room,

"Get up Dawnie, you don't wanna be a victim of Misty's beatings now do you?" I said jolting her awake and snoozing her phone's irritating anime ost alarm tone. Her hair laid scattered over the pastel yellow bedsheets - sunlight making the strands glow like prisms.

"Misty can go jump off a microwave, duh. Lemme sleep for five more minutes. Thanks, bye. " She adjusted her panda sleep mask, passed me a lazy wave, and curled further beneath the blanket.

"Don't blame me afterwards then." I complained while jouncing my head from left to right.

The wall clock read quarter past seven which deciphered we could have little titbits of breakfast before heading out.

As I was brooding over stuffs to do, I heard the front door open - then someone walking in their rubber sole boots approached the room.

"You guys," May's head appeared from the doorway as she caught her breath. Her hair were untamed like regular - tucked under a woolen toque hat with a white pompom on top - instead of that bandana. "Serry we've gotta do makeup for the teammates and organize the props. Is Lillie awake yet?"