》》 Epilogue

(n.) a section or speech at the end of a book or play that serves as a conclusion to what has happened.

"But how am I supposed to write down how I feel in just one sentence? That's about impossible

"But how am I supposed to write down how I feel in just one sentence? That's about impossible."

I chuckled at the fourteen year old girl who sat across the desk, tying my mid-back blonde hair in a loose ponytail and passing a nod in order to confirm that I was listening.

"That's damn true Yui," I sophistically beamed at her. "but sometimes writing can express what the tounge or actions can't, and exhibiting them in brief is even more poetic."

She titled her head. "Is that so?"

"Sure is," I inched forward to give her a stroke on the head, still smiling as she did the same. "I guess that's it for today's session, and no hurries for the draft thingy. You can give it to me by tomorrow."

Her awkward smile stretched as she nodded with etique, and before anyone of us could take the conversation further, the school bell rang - indicating that the recess was over.

Pushing the Windsor chair where she sat with a scratchy sound, Yui flattened the wrinkles on her checkered skirt. "Thanks a lot Ms -"

"Wait, I have something for you!"

I showed her a hand and stood up as well, apologetically smiling before holding out the box lined up with multicolor macarons that I had baked this morning, "A little souvenir of our little friendship."

Her droopy eyes lit up, forehead creasing with a pause. "Gosh, that's so sweet. But -- are you sure I can take em?"

"You betcha!" I winked and then ducked my head at the goodies. "I haven't saturated them with chloroform so don't worry."

Her cheeks flushed before she hastily grabbed a pink one. "Th-Thanks a lot."

Saying so, Yui rechecked her side braid and left the room - clacking the white door to my very own counselling room shut, its gold knob twisting. I opened the floodgates to oxygen and dropped on to the plushy armchair.

Social interactions were still one of those fields where I lacked unreasonably, and it indeed can be considered as a black eye to me: the twenty year old me if spoken in plain English. But in case someone's gonna ask me for a statistic or hell even a forensic report of the personality development I went through these years, I'd proudly give it out and spit at their face that yes, I did undergo a number of major positve adjustments.

I was in a much better place, and I don't even wanna put my current state in comparison to the one three years ago. Both situations were totally a far cry from the latter - like rain puddles and the whole dang groundwater hydrology.