28. 》》 Gallimaufry

(n.) a hodgepodge, confused jumble.❞

The city hospital in Viridian city.

My hair sailed in unsure directions as I crashed through the cool breeze and huddles of bystanders, calling out incoherent apologies when I pushed them by accident. I wasn't sure what the reason behind my haste was, Bianca had clearly stated that Ash and his mother would still be in the ward, and the hospital couldn't have been shut close so soon.

Come on, it's a freaking hospital! Who on earth will ever put a lock on that twenty-four seven service?

I was just in the seventh heaven currently, and even though my visit could obviously lead to some or the other consequences, I had pushed that dispute in the corner of somewhere. For now, even a glimpse of him speaking and frowning and acting all shook upon catching me there meant everything.

The lobby was less spacey than in the Vermillion hospital, where Lillie was admitted, and it made sense because both cities were a lot distinctive when compared on the basis of popularity.

I rushed up to the receptionist's desk the second I walked indoors, making sure to keep my pace as slow as possible for maintaining silence.
The young lady behind the table seemed unamused by my arrival, her perfectly plucked eyebrow raising as she scanned me.

I caught my breath from running all the way from the bus stop till here before greeting her a good evening.

"How may I help you?" Was her rapid question, voice stern and low pitched.

"Well, I -- I was willing to meet a patient who's apparently admitted here," I rolled in my lips and crossed fingers, inhaling. "Mrs Delia Ketchum."

The lady didn't say a word afterwards as she effortlessly clicked the buttons on her keyboard, squinted eyes on the monitor. I was frenziedly tapping my feet and awaited her response, the adrenaline still dashing through my veins at sonic speed.

The woman sighed just then, drawing my attention. "Pardon me ma'am, but no one's allowed to meet her at the moment."

I felt my heart squeezing in the chest at her words. There was no way I was gonna leave without meeting Ash or let alone his mom, giving up so easily was never in my dictionary.

"Her son is actually one of my classmates," I hesitated, biting the inside of my cheeks before saying the next sentence. "He's a close friend of mine, and I think he needs someone to talk to right now, Please let me in."

"Ma'am, we can't violate the guidelines in any given circumstances. You can call them up and ask for permission."
"But -"

I was cut midway by someone who grasped my wrist from behind, I flinched, and chills raced down my spine because I realised the touch within instants.