9. 》》 Marmoris

(n.) The shining surface of the ocean.

"Weekend's finally here homesicles! TGIF!" Dawn squealed, carelessly dropping her bag on the couch of the living room and plummeted down on it as soon as we entered the dorm

"Yeah, yeah, enjoy it to your fullest. But
we can't." I murmured in distress and rolled my eyes at the bluette.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"School play, Dawny." Lillie answered for me, plunging down next to our peppy bestie and removing the pink rucksack off her shoulder. "We need to rehearse for it. Especially me. Gee."

"Prince Charming: Lilz." Misty joked, squatting down on the carpeted floor that was indeed her most prized spot to take a nap at evening.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot about that!" Dawn widened her dark blue orbs and pivoted a glance at Lillie. "How's it like to be the prince, Lillie? Ha ha!"

"To be honest, I'm still not certain whether I'll be able to pull off a male's personality on such a large platform or not." The blonde sighed.

"Just think of Ash," I pretended to smile at her. "He's playing the role of Cinderella, And his dialogues are much more tough than yours. So don't worry."

"Yeah, but I'm still nervous."

Lillie chewed her lips and I chuckled at the way her face demonstrated anxiety.

It has been three days since Lillie has been staying in our dorm room and our relation has grown quite sturdy, much more than I expected it to be. I was partially assuming a few quarrels to arise between us, the reason being that boy, that raven haired boy, to be precise.

She had poured all of her emotions in front of me that night, to summarise all of it, she told me how much she admires Ash.

Although I was aware of the truth already, it stungs my heart every time she speaks of him, the way she imagines her future with him in every bit of sentence that she says.

She loves him with all of her heart, a reality that can't be altered.

All that I do is provide her tips in order to impress Ash, an advice that she thanks me for.

What else can I do in return except passing a "your welcome" and a masked smile that I utilize for assuring everyone that I'm 'perfectly' all right.

Is it correct for me to sacrifice everything like this? Or am I being selfless?

"Hm, you're right! If Ash can do it, then I can do it too." Lillie pumped both of her fists in the air and I curved my lips in another smile.