7. 》》 Rêvasser

(n.) To daydream.

 ❞

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'm being honest, Sere! Long hair really suited you!"

Dawn smashed her palms on the top of my desk, frightening the life out of me. I gawked at the adorable face that she makes whenever anger besets her senses.

"Calm down for God's sake!" Misty said while crossing her arms with a huffy expression.

The enraged bluette made a pout before sitting next to me.

"Serena, I guess short hair really suits you. You look so adorable!" Lillie cupped her face and spoke in utter mesmerism, her lengthy ponytail swayed with the pleasant gust of air that sailed through the window.

A strange feeling tightened the pit of my stomach when I realised that now my hair were much shorter than hers.

Another reason that belittles me from Lillie.

"At least there's someone who appreciates my resolution." I exhaled, narrowing my eyes as I glanced at a furious Dawn.

I adjusted the maroon hat on my head, running fingers through my lengthy bobcut as the irregular bangs went into my eyes for the millionth time. I would get used to it as the time would elapse. I would get used to everything.

At least that's what I've been telling myself and everyone else in order to escape from the past, from the ache.

"Anways," May barged into the conversation out of nowhere, wrapping one of her arms around Misty. "You guys have an idea why did Principal Oak dismiss the gym class today?"

"Isn't it a great thing that we don't have to do any physical activities today? Such a relief!" I blinked, folding my arms on the desk and smiling at the brunette.

"No way!" Dawn screamed in irritation as she muttered a bunch of curse words under her breath. "I won't be able to play table tennis! Gah!"

"Shut up."

I rolled my eyes at my bestie as the other three giggled at her childish love for sports.

"Get back to your seats!" Professor Sycamore's voice echoed through the bustling chats of students.

May and Misty plunged on the seat in front of us, engaging themselves in a chat with Miette and Shauna, who were sitting across the aisle in between rows of desk.

My gaze fell on Lillie rather swiftly.

My heart thumped restlessly against my chest when she stopped at a particular desk where a raven haired boy was sitting alone.

The thought of sprinting over and taking the seat next to him reverberated in my ears, the voice of my heart. I shook my head at the utterly foolish way I was taking things right now.