16. 》》 Succidiuous

(adj.) Ready to fall.❞

My gullet felt like drought, Lungs shrunk and shallow

My gullet felt like drought, Lungs shrunk and shallow. Ash's eyes casted holes in me - more and more profound with every instant, Whilst the pale blue handkerchief was still tugged between his fingers.

Rays of the orange, setting sun that filtered through the balcony's glass door made him appear even more intimidating.

"Is this your handkerchief?" His voice carried angst and it seemed to crack in between.

I settled my eyes on the wooden flooring, gulping constantly as tears stung my eyes from the edges.

One phrase. Just one phrase from my mouth in response to him could shape into possibly whatsoever. The truth could heal all the cracks that had distanced us. A lie would, well, add up to nothingness. Like as in the present. My pitch dark fortune was a manhole in Ash's path. And I'd prefer to keep it out of his sights. Perchance forever.

"First of all - look at me," He whispered, his hand on my shoulder stiffening it.

His blunt gaze kept on piercing through my forehead as I raised mines to share an eyecontact.

"I'm getting this unexplainable feeling that - I've probably met you before, Before the ketchup incident."

Now tell, what do you think I should've responded with? Furthermore, how was I even supposed to perhaps say anything?

Earlier my situation was at least a bit better than the current one. At least I had spoken some words, Though they were foolish as heck and didn't make any possible logic. But now was different.

My last pair of braincells were so preoccupied with making negotiations and so done with my frequent breakdowns that now I was genuinely too helpless.

But one thing was confirmed, I was not disclosing any truth in front of him. Not now, not anytime soon. It wasn't meant to be.

"If only things could work that way, " I hardened my facial expressions. "That feeling you got is an illusion Ash. We definitely haven't met before, No."

"And how are you so sure? Revisit your past experiences. Maybe, you'd find something there?"

Haha, revisiting my past. What do you know? The past has become such an addictive place these days. Besides; Answer me, how am I meant to revisit my home? I stay there, you knucklehead. I always have.

"What if I say that I already have rechecked all of my past events and I didn't find you anywhere?" I blurted out without thinking twice. I wasn't in a condition to analyze things.

"Oh," His voice remained brittle. "Possibly - some illusions. You're right."

And the next instant, he removed his hand from my shoulder and passed me quite an awkward smile. He kept the handkerchief back to its safe place in the cabinet, grabbed his clothes and bustled into the washroom.