8. 》》 Acatalepsy

(n.) The impossibility to truly comprehend anything.

❞

"Cinderella's step mother is named Lady Tremaine while her step sisters' names are Anastasia and Drizella."

Ash flipped the glossy papers of the book that was titled 'Cinderella and the Glass slipper'.

I shakily nodded my head, resting my arms on top of the wooden desk and keeping my chin on top of it.

The raven haired boy was too engrossed in the children's fairytale, a bright grin was plastered on his face and his auburn eyes calmly inspected the sentences. I fluttered my eyes close for a quick nap and waited for him to finish reading.

The library was enveloped in an equable silence, a setting that had partially mollifed my violent heartbeats for a few moments.

I rolled my eyes under my lids and accursed myself for that clumsy situation in the hallway. But what else would you expect from me?

I was assuredly taken aback when Ash complimented my hair, I mean, it was too much for me handle and thus I stomped my own foot in disbalance. Such a klutz I am.

"Asleep already, I guess?"

I unlatched my eyelids and gasped when I saw Ash poking my cheek, an adorable smile on his face. The portion of my face that he nudged felt numb due to the blush that crawled all over my cheeks.

I immediately composed my posture and cleared my throat while tucking the honey blonde bangs behind my ear.

"I– I wasn't sleeping," I intersected my arms with a huff. "I just got bored of watching you read that book for half an hour."

A perfectly clear lie.

I was unfalteringly gawking at his facial expressions during these twenty seven minutes, taking in the way his cheekbones ticked every time he grinned. The way his z marks broadened in delight whenever something pleasant happened in the story. The way his furry brows creased together in a frown at something that seemed awry to him as the tale progressed.

The only reason I had sealed my eyes was that they ached in the strain of not blinking even once while I was with him.

Saying that I was solely enchanted in the way Ash looks would be a complete understatement.

"So, have you concluded reading yet?" I asked with my mouth slightly agape.

The only sound that was audible to our ears was the frequent tapping of keys on the computer as Mrs Linville, our school's librarian, peered at the monitor on her desk, a pair of cylindrical spects resting on the bridge of her nose.