21. 》》 Cacophony

(n.) loud, disagreeable sounds.❞

To say that I didn't disgust the idea of taking shower in winter mornings is a forgery

To say that I didn't disgust the idea of taking shower in winter mornings is a forgery. Honestly, who would even like that disgusting sensation of cold on their skin that legitimately numbs your soul to death?

Sharing rooms, unluckily, also meant sharing washrooms and all our other belongings, and I couldn't endure Dawn's half an hour bathroom-singing medley because that was her routine everyday, So waking up early and be the first one to take shower was a rather safe option.

Dawn and Misty were raging like an uncalled thunderstorm when I had returned to the dorms the day before, yelling on me for fleeing before having lunch at their maid cafe, and I knew it was unmannerly of me to cut off the visit. The girls had been readying themselves for the big day since weeks, after all.

May however, managed to get the handle of the situation and evidenced that it was an emergency for me to leave, and then it was obvious for them to forgive me - after which we had a grand dinner with the stall's leftovers cuisines. For the first time ever - I felt obliged to admit that Dawn had cooked something that was capable of being trusted to eat. Seriously.

The festival was wrapped up on a satisfied note, and not only the teachers but the outsiders had bedecked us with sweet compliments and funds - money that we're gonna pass on to an orphanage and oldage homes - because as the wiseman has stated, helping others is another way of helping ourselves, to assist them getting up is a chance for us to rise and glow.

But as the boring regulations of a typical school system declares, festival's end resulted an end to all the fun as well - no more hanging out and be good-fortunate enough to get classes crossed out because the staff was busy.

Regular schedules were hitting off with a clean state, a slate that was dotted with past recollections of hysterical laughters and loafing around in the cafeteria when the rehearsals were over, the era of our dearest play of Cinderella.

Most prominently what awaited our high school batch was the final exams beginning in the first week of December. Yeah, it's pretty much straightforward for me to say now that winters aren't my favorite.

The freezing months were a sign for us to go in hibernation, and like ants gathered their stock for summers, us students had to prepare for this deadly survival game of writing incoherent answers on a sheet - if we desired to be warranted for a reputed college next year.

I wore my bathrobe after the hot shower and carted off the slippers before rotating the knob, ready to bolt out barefoot before cold catches me.

As I was on the way to my room, platinum blonde hair darted through my vision in a blur and I almost stumbled upon being a fatality of her speed. I stopped in the living room and squinted my eyes, peering at the front door where she stood now, twisting the key to unlock it.