5. 》》 Hamartia

(n.) a flaw that causes the downfall of a hero. ❞

Whatever just happened was nothing more than a mishap

I didn't command the worker to spill the water on the cafeteria's floor so that I lose my balance and a strangely edgy boy saves me from falling.

An unforeseeable befall. That's how I'll describe those circumstances.

The immigrant boy looked quite bony, but I won't be lying by stating that his arms amass a lot of strength. He had saved me, an awfully healthy girl, from hitting her buttock.

The kind of outfit that he had equipped doubtlessly screamed that he was an 'emo'. Black hoodie, ripped jeans of the same shade, red nike sneakers, and silver earcuffs.

One half of his blonde hair were cropped in a spiky design which made him look even more like a- goon.

"You fine?" He asked in a voice that any typical teenaged boy posses. Throaty.

But somehow, the way he asked that two worded question forced me to assume that he wasn't that much cold-hearted I expected him to be.

Unable to make up a creative answer at that moment, I just nodded my head and he retreated his hands from my waist.

My eyes uncontrollably wandered on his face as I regained my posture and rubbed the sweat on my palm off the dungarees. A faint hue of crimson was plastered on his face and he was gazing at the floor instead, as if trying to avoid eye contact.

You messed up bad, Sere.

I heard a shuffle of footsteps reverberating through the formerly pin-drop silent cafeteria.

"Gladion?" I heard Ash calling out, a hint of anger audible in his voice.

Lillie's green eyes were stretched like the lagoon of sea-green water when Gladion came into her sights.

I stepped back an inch, somehow fearing that Ash would plant a punch on the emo for some reason. That was what his expressions were reflecting.

"Long time."

I sighed in relief when he extended his hand in Gladion's direction rather than beginning a fight. Phew.

"Warned you a million times not to roam around with this boy." The blonde boy simply ignored Ash's welcoming handshake and faced Lillie.

Comparing her appearance with Gladion, they look quite distinct from each other. If Lillie was a cone of vanilla soft serve, Gladion was a whole bowl full of black olives.