10. 》》 Luciform

(n.) Resembling light in appearance.

Fate has been portraying the role of a gambler all this while, my life was its favorite deck of cards, something that it admired shuffling and disporting the most

I felt estranged and kind of unnecessary while standing at that spot. The veins that kept my heart beating were almost inaudible with despair when I took a glance at Ash and Lillie, the blonde's cheeks were flushed red when he grinned in friskiness.

The connection between me and him was like a cotton yarn, something that we had knitted together in childhood from two different ends. The passage of time that glided by had temporarily made me forget that it ever existed, but for him the amnesia was permanent. The yarn was stretched too hard from his edge that day, he had taken his words to an extreme level, and it was eventually detached from our grips.

And now, about a decade later, when the opportunity of mending the strand between us once again popped in front of me all over again, he was wholly elated to stitch a new one with someone else, A durable, silk one this time.

But still, I am utterly prepared to face any consequence that might leap on me in the process of bringing that smile on his face. Even if I'm left despised by the society, Even if I have to lose him to the arms of another.

"What're you doing here?" The deadpan syllables from my mouth breached the longing eye contact between the two of them. I stroked my exposed forearms, conforming myself in the air conditioned climate.

"I can ask the same from you two."

He traipsed two steps away from Lillie, loosening the proximity between them, much to my teeny and selfish satisfaction.

"Besides, what in the world are you guys wearing?! Going for Grammys or something?" A chuckle espaced his mouth.

"What- No! We're here for dinner!" I said, flickering my dolled up eyelashes and timidly pulling my robe earthward.

"And, why are YOU dressed like that? In an apron, I mean?" Lillie pointed a finger at Ash and regained her posture from the former incident.

Now that she has mentioned it, I rose an eyebrow and scanned his outfit. A short sleeved shirt and blue jeans, but the flour crusted apron that he had tied around the waist was the main highlight.

"I can explain everything-"

"Table five's order is ready, Ketchum!" A brassy, male voice buzzed from the work station.

Realization struck my senses as Lillie and I exhanged 'is this happening for real' looks.

"See you around. Have a seat and make yourself feel comfortable." He casually waved before sprinting over a bench where a bunch of customers were going through the menu card.