6. 》》 Effleurage

(v.) To stroke, as one would a flower. ❞

 ❞

The baby pink colored petals from the sakura tree danced in the evening breeze for a few moments as they fell down on the concrete path in front of my school.

The crisp blows of air made my fuchsia sundress to lightly flutter. I gripped the skirt's hem and the brim of my straw hat from tousling away.

I tapped my feet in a restless beat and clutched the bag hanging on my shoulder closer to my chest. It contained nothing except my swimming goggles, towel, a few pennies, and some other miscellaneous stuff.

My mom had educated me to act responsibly for all of my belongings. So even though the commodities weren't too significant for any random person, I couldn't afford losing them.

My eyes unblinkingly shifted from one end of the road to the other. It was deserted, and all that I could hear were the sweet sounding notes of fireflies from the woods nearby.

"Serena."

I jumped a bit from the sudden tap on my shoulder.

"Yes?"

I gulped and faced the lady who turned out to be none other than Ms Margaret, our sports coach.

I had developed a tiny amount of hatred for her since day one in this school. She wasn't a wicked woman or anything, in fact, her looks weren't terrible at all either. The reason I disliked her was simple: I hated physical activities, and because she was the who used to force us for doing it, I could never admire her even though I tried to.

The bushy dark brown hair that went into Ms Margaret's eyes at often times was her trademark feature that used to distinguish her from other teachers.

"Why hasn't your mother arrived yet?" She asked while smoothening my honey blonde locks and kneeling down to reach my height.