+ 1 》》 Epiphany

(a/n) little note before you continue! laconic had canonically ended after the epilogue. this chapter is just a bonus thing, more like a post-credits scene, and would not be narrated in serena's voice. if you haven't read the entire story yet, don't go further cus nothing is gonna make sense to you. oh and i'll (consider to) write a second bonus chap if this exceeds like, 20 votes?

btw pls consider listening to olivia's song linked above! (she has co-written it with taylor eee) and i hope you'll enjoy this <3⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀

(n.) a moment of sudden and great
revelation or realization. ❞  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀

—  LILLIE'S POV —

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The Alolan ocean at midnight is certainly a sight to behold. With moonlight washing over prussian blue waves and the breeze sweetly whistling in both ears, barefoot walking at the beach is something that I never regret staying awake for.

The magical emplacement instantly reminded me of mine and Serena's conversation by the Vermillion beach three years ago.

It's bizzare how our brain remembers the littlest of convos so vividly - as though nothing's really changed; but when we delve into the heart of these circumstances, we realize that yes, they changed, but people haven't. Or maybe, they refuse to change. I, perhaps, am the perfect epitome for this phenomenon.

And lord, do I despise being that girl: One who still selfishly holds onto the pages that have already been flipped forward.

Wet sand sticks on my toes as I step forward, and footprint trails get washed over by the oncoming waves. My thoughts unknowingly get drifted towards Kanto, and the mere idea of them abandoning my memory rattles me.

I have my practical tomorrow, I did tell them that, but realistically speaking, I didn't give two craps about the examination. It was just a handy escape to not face them and the omnipresent reality.

Gladion had struggled to convince me, and Mallow even suggested tagging along; but aloneness wasn't even the issue. This irrational phobia of factualism was. I was willing to do anything but confront my friends. The reason? I couldn't figure out.

I sat myself a couple feet away from the shore and didn't care about my white shorts getting coated with sand, and subconsciously plucked out my phone from the back pocket. 1 AM. I didn't realize it'd been over two hours since I came here.