twenty; temptation

A U R O R A

"Hard to think when I'm under you. Tell you all of my dirty truths. No shit got me right where you wanted, baby, could I be more obvious?"

. . .

"Fuck this!"

I walk into my room, feeling the effect of the alcohol, but I don't care. With determination, I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower, making sure I'm clean and that I've shaved everywhere.

Once I'm done, I grab my negligée and put it on, undoing my bun and raking a comb through my hair, satisfied with the silky shine it has.

I give myself a once-over in the mirror and am satisfied with what I see. My round breasts are pressed against the material, which results in a pretty view. 

The straps accentuate my dainty shoulders and collarbones, and my legs look long and desirable, made to be wrapped around someone's waist.

Turning around, I open my door and take a peek in the hallway, breathing out when I don't see anyone. I tiptoe outside my room and go over to Riccardo's room, halting in front of it before gathering the courage and placing my hand on the doorknob.

I softly open the door and see him sitting on his bed, looking outside the window. He turns his head when he hears me entering, and my skin feels like being lit on fire when his eyes go over what I'm wearing.

"I couldn't sleep," I whisper. "So, you decided to talk to me?" he asks with a raise of his eyebrow. I nod and close the door behind me, stepping further into the room.

"That didn't go well the last time you did," he reminds me. My teeth sink into my lower lip at the memory.

"Not like I minded," I tell him honestly. I walk further into the room and stand next to his bed. He lets out a sigh and scoots to the side, giving me a place to sit.

I'd rather sit on his lap.

But I keep that to myself.

"Thank you," I suddenly blurt out once I've taken a seat. He looks at me with a question in his eyes.

"For not telling my parents about what happened between us, and for treating me normally after what I did," I clarify.

His eyes soften. "It's okay, Aurora," he says, "I never stopped seeing you as the bright, young woman you are."

I smile a little and hope everything could just go back to normal.

We look outside, but I don't mind. I've seen this view a thousand times, but just being next to him gives me butterflies. I could sit here for hours.

Being in his presence is exciting, it makes me feel giddy. I want to talk to him, to tell him things about me, and letting him get to know me.

We both gaze up at the stars, the silence between us comforting and familiar in some sort of way.

"What made you want to become a lawyer?" he suddenly asks, surprising me with the question.

A warm feeling settles itself in my chest and I try my best to suppress my smile.

"I always thought the law was interesting, and the fact that I can make sure that people can rot in prison for their deeds, protect the innocence of other people... it gave me goosebumps once I looked into it," I explain.

"To learn the rights of the people, being able to correctly and legally defend myself and my partner. And to know what I'm fighting for; it'll all worth it for me," I add.