epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

A U R O R A

"I thought you into my life, look at my mind. No better place or a time, how they align. Universe must have my back, fell from the sky into my lap, and I know you know that you're my soulmate and all that."

. . .

"If someone proposes at my wedding, I'll kill them. Better yet, I'll die on their birthday so all the attention goes to me anyway."

Mom snorts behind me, going to arrange the flowers in my hair. My heart is racing, and I don't know why.

I've been looking forward to this moment for so long. I've had time to think about it, and never regretted it. Still don't.

I'm going to marry Riccardo Silvestro today.

A smile comes on my face at the realization. It's surreal.

Laure is working on my make-up, keeping it light and simple as Kimberly is going full-glam, seated in front of the mirror next to mine.

"Nobody will, promise," Laure assures. "They won't," mom agrees, putting the last flowers in my hair.

When all is done, they help me get into my dress, a dress that fits perfectly around me and brushes over the ground whenever I walk.

I feel like a princess

Riccardo and I chose the forest as wedding destination. By a waterfall, with pine trees surrounding us.

The sound of the water falling is heard in the distance, along with the chatter of people. I wanted a grand wedding and invited a lot of people.

I never want to forget this day or want anyone else to forget it.

Kimberly turns around, ready with her make-up, and stands up as well, showcasing her beautiful outfit which is a blue jumpsuit that hugs all her curves and exposes her tanned skin.

"Go get that bag," she winks, giving me an air kiss before leaving as well. Laure turns around with a smile on her face.

Her fiancé is waiting outside for her, sitting next to her seat. She's happy and healthy. And I'm so happy for her.

"I'm proud of you," she smiles and hugs me, holding me tight against her. "I love you so much," she sighs, and I hug her back.

"I love you, too."

When I'm all done with getting prepped, mom holds my face between her hands, tears in her eyes.

"Look at my baby," she whispers with a smile and presses a kiss on my forehead.

"You were there on my wedding day," she smiles, "clapping and giggling. You were the light of the party, and you still are."

My heart warms at her words. "I love you, mom," I whisper and hug her, relaxing in her hold.