fifty-five; tantalized

A U R O R A

"And the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways. So, in case I'm mistaken I, just wanna hear you say 'you got me baby, are you mine?'"

. . .

When I woke up the day after, I refused to believe that what happened the previous night was real.

I spent the day nursing myself and swallowing painkillers. My headache was killing me and the image of Riccardo taking care of me wouldn't leave my mind.

It's Monday now, and I need to get back to the office. Once again, I run into Anna on my way to the entrance.

Her clothes are different now. I usually see her with pencil skirts and matching blazers. Correction, I have always seen her with pencil skirts or formal dresses.

But not today, she's wearing a pair of loose pants, like I usually do and a button-up tucked into it. Her hair is straightened out. Which I find a pity since I admire her curls.

Her make-up is lightly done and as I near her, I catch a whiff of perfume. A perfume that's soft, sensual, and has a sweet tinge to it. Like mine.

"How was your weekend?" she asks me as soon as we've greeted each other. "Saturday wasn't eventful. It was mainly taking care of my hangover," I sigh, "yours?"

"Same as yours, I didn't think it'd get that bad," she says as the elevator goes up. "And I hope Riccardo won't give me hell about it," she whines.

"I'm sure he won't. I think a warning and that's all," I try to assure her. "I hope so," she replies. We arrive at the top floor and get out. "Could you join me in the restroom, please? I think I leaked through," Anna whispers. I nod.

"Of course, I got you," I smile and walk with her to the restroom. I take my bag and hand her a pad. "Thank you so much," she smiles and enters one of the stalls.

I turn to look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a black turtleneck that's tight-fitting around my breasts, tucked into a pair of high-waisted plaid pants, accentuating my waist. My heels are black, and I decided not to wear any jewelry. My lipstick is nude and so is my eye shadow.

I succeeded at my wing, it looks sharp and perfect.

The flushing of the toilet makes me snap my eyes towards the opening door, where Anna comes walking out. She walks over to the sink and washes her hands. Our eyes meet in the mirror.

"You know, Alex and Riccardo keep on talking about you," she smiles. I raise my eyebrows. "Really?" I ask.

She nods. "Yes, you're a very smart and bright girl," she tells me. The compliment warms my heart.

"Thank you," I grin.

"Yeah man, I'm feeling sorry for every other intern that's going to come, since they will need to live up to your expectations," she chuckles.

"Well, there's only on Aurora Amoretto," I smile cheekily. She giggles and we exit the toilet, saying goodbye to each other before heading for our offices.

As I enter, I see a few documents on my desk already. And so, I begin my day.

Around lunch, I decide to ask Anna and James if they want to join me. I get up from my desk and grab my coat, wallet, and phone, walking out of my office door.

Opening my door, I see Anna heading down the hallway, with a lunch bag in her hands. Heading for Riccardo's office.

Her hair is sleek over her back, reaching, reaching her ass. Her pants fit tightly around her curves, accentuating them.