sixty-six; pleasure

A U R O R A

"I ain't playin' no games, every word that I say is coming straight from my heart. So, if you tryna lay in these arms; I'ma leave the door open."

. . .

I wake up the next day, with heavy pain in my lower stomach and lower back. A groan leaves me and I roll over in bed, wanting to die.

When I peel my eyelids open and glance at the other side of the bed, frowning when I see that I'm alone.

I sit up in bed and get out, highly feeling uncomfortable and wanting to cry when I see the red stain on the bed.

Fuck.

I wouldn't have minded if these were my sheets, but I'm not home right now. I walk into the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth, on the verge of looking for a tampon or pad, but then realizing that there is none here.

I hear the door in the bedroom open and scurry over there, seeing Riccardo standing in the doorway, dressed and with a tray in his hands.

He smiles when he sees me, and I can't help but return it.

He loves me.

"Good morning, darling," he hums and walks further into the bedroom. I observe the tray he's holding in his hands.

There's toast, orange juice, bacon, even some eggs, and Reese's buttercups. And different kinds of tampons and pads scattered on the side with a painkiller.

"Uhm... yeah I had to ask a woman who worked at the store which one was better, and decided to buy all of the options," he explains sheepishly and glances to the side.

"And then she said it'd be a smart idea to buy chocolate," he adds.

I smile and want to smother him with kisses, feeling my heart swell with love. But then I frown.

"Wait... you saw the stains?" I ask. He places the tray on the bed and nods, taking me in his arms. "Yeah, figured you'd want to wake up with breakfast on bed," he answers.

"I'm sorry I stained your sheets," I sigh and look up into his eyes.

"Don't apologize," he frowns, "this is normal, you shouldn't be ashamed of that."

"Thank you," I smile and lean up, planting a kiss on his lips, before taking a tampon from the tray and disappearing in the bathroom, taking a quick shower.

During my shower, I see Riccardo come in as well, placing what I can see a pair of briefs on the counter for me to wear, and he dumps the sheets in the dirty laundry before disappearing again.

I get out of the shower and dry myself, before finally putting the tampon to good use and feeling at ease.

I put his shirt on along with his underwear and put my hair up in a bun, before entering his bedroom again and see that he's changed the sheets into clean ones.

"You're a godsend," I breathe and fall on top of the bed, sitting up before taking the tray.

"Many would disagree," he chuckles and I see he's changed clothes too, now wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a black T-shirt, which accentuates his biceps.

He comes to lay next to me in bed, pulling me against his chest. "How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Like shit," I whine. "I only have my period three times a year, it's horrible," I sigh. It's quiet for a second. "You have to explain that to me."

I laugh and turn around, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm on the pill and keep on taking it when a strip has ended, which means that I never have my period since it hurts. But my gynecologist told me that I must have my period at least three times a year to keep my body healthy, and this explains why I have them now, got it?"