sixty-three; L-word

A U R O R A

"Woo, child, tired of the bullshit. Go on, dust your shoulders off, keep it moving. Yes, Lord, tryna get some new shit."

. . .

"So, how's the dick?" Kimberly asks me, taking a sip of her tea. We're in a cozy shop in New York, enjoying our lunch.

I need to head back to the office in an hour.

"It's amazing," I sigh dreamily. She giggles as she watches my expression. "Really?"

I nod. "Yeah, we fucked when we got home yesterday and then he carried me to my bedroom. It feels so... domestic. I love it," I smile.

"Could not be me. The first time I had a dick inside of me, I freaked out and knew that I could never be with a man," Kimberly laughs.

"I mean, it's true. Most men don't think about the other woman's needs and only fuck for their pleasure," I sigh. "But not him. He's so fucking good at what he does."

"Have you ever been with a woman?" Kimberly asks, looking into my eyes. I chuckle.

"Yes, I have. With a friend of mine, it was just for fun. And nothing changed between us," I shrug.

"That must be nice," she smiles sadly. "I just hook up with a few girls, anyone who takes my mind off the one I want."

"I know it hurts, honey. Truly. But maybe try to realize why it's better not to be with her?"

"There are plenty of fucking reasons," she chuckles dryly, "and yet my heart still longs for her."

I want to do something since I can't stand seeing her like this. She's truly heartbroken.

My eyes glance outside for a second, and my body tenses up when I lay eyes on someone. She's dressed in a puffer jacket, a pair of skinny jeans, and a turtle neck. Her hair is pulled back into a sleek bun and she's even wearing sunglasses, in winter.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Kim says and turns to look out of the window as well, curious as to what has gotten my attention.

"That's his ex," I whisper.

What the fuck is Carla doing here?

She lives here, dumbass.

"Is she the one who slapped you?" Kim asks, disdain in her voice. I nod. "Yeah..." I trail off.

She's on the phone with someone, while waiting for someone. She's on the other side of the road, a few buildings down. She can't see me.

Cold sweat breaks out as I watch her. A car suddenly stops in front of her, and she gets in. As soon as I saw her, she disappears out of my sight just as fast.

"What is she doing here?" Kim asks. I manage to shrug.

"I know she has an apartment here," I whisper, still in shock. "But she's usually traveling."

I don't know what this thing between me and Riccardo is, but I want it to be stable. And I don't know if I'll like having his ex live in the same city as he does.

Carla keeps on being in my mind, even when I eventually get back to the office and go upstairs.

I immediately head for Riccardo's office first, knocking and entering. He frowns when he sees the distressed look on my face.

"Hey? What happened?" he asks and stands up from behind his desk, walking over towards me.

"I saw Carla today," I murmur with a frown. He sighs. "I know she's here. She sent me a message an hour ago."