twelve; impulse

A U R O R A

"Nothin' else, nothin' more important. Makes me wanna believe in love. I love the thought of us in the evening, crave the feeling."

. . .

I'm waiting in the lobby of the Four Seasons in San Francisco when I suddenly hear a loud squeal. When I turn my head, the biggest smile covers my face as I see one of my most favorite people.

We run towards each other and hug the other. "I missed you," I smile and hug her tighter to me.

"I missed you too," Talia tells me. We stand there for a good while, just holding each other. I quickly sum up the things that happened to me and why I needed her.

"Men," the blonde sighs as she's done hugging me. She looks at me and wipes underneath my eyes with her thumbs.

"Don't let a dumbass male ruin your night. It won't make you less pretty and know your worth, bitch," she tells me. I smile and nod.

"Okay," I whisper.  "Now, are you ready to party or what?"

I nod with a giggle. We both exit the hotel and wait for her driver outside. We're constantly talking, catching up with each other, and gossiping about our least favorite people on the way to the club.

Since Talia knows the bouncer and has pulled some strings, we get in without a problem.

Once we're in, I'm overwhelmed by the darkness and all the dancing people. The smell of alcohol hits me hard, but all I want right now is to take part in it.

I want to forget Riccardo Silvestro tonight. I want to forget the fact that he's able to make me feel all these things.

My phone has been blowing up with calls and messages from mom and dad, both worried about where I am.

Frowning, I ignore them all and turn off my phone, not wanting to be bothered. Talia turns around, her green eyes meeting mine.

She sends me a reassuring smile, one that tells me that she's got this and everything will be okay.

"Okay, so what's his name again?" I ask once we reach the bar. "Elijah," she sighs and orders shots.

A lot of them.

"And?"

"Married. He's an asshole," she elaborates and sends me her signature smile. Only dressed in a white bralette and a pair of black pants which accentuate her curves perfectly, she looks stunning.

"What about your man?" she asks, changing the topic. Now it's my turn to sigh.

"Taken. Has a long-term relationship with a supermodel. Hot, sexy, kind, and stupid," I mutter.

"I'll drink to that," Talia chuckles and takes a shot once they've arrived. We clink the glasses together and cheer before throwing our heads back.

"Fuck, I needed that," I breathe. Talia's phone vibrates and she's distracted for a few minutes.

Taking out my phone as well, I look at my piling messages and go to Riccardo's chat.

Letting out a hum, I stupidly let my fingers fly over the keyboard.

I'd blame it on the alcohol, but I've only had one shot and I'm not that much of a lightweight.

Conveniently so, a song I know comes on.

Neverletyougo by Role Model.

Aurora: Respectfully, I think about you sexually. And I'd let you do so many things to me