forty-six; revenge

TRIGGER WARNING:

mention of sexual assault, sexual violence, and sexual harassment down below and throughout the chapter!!

.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SEXUAL HARASSMENT, SEXUAL VIOLENCE, AND SEXUAL ASSAULT:

SEXUAL ASSAULT:

R*pe and sexual assault have been used interchangeably in coverage of events leading to the #MeToo movement, and this practice, though unintentional, is confusing. In contrast to the specific criminal act of r*pe, the term sexual assault can describe a range of criminal acts that are sexual in nature, from unwanted touching and kissing, to rubbing, groping or forcing the victim to touch the perpetrator in sexual ways. But sexual assault overlaps with r*pe because the term includes r*pe.

SEXUAL VIOLENCE:

Sexual violence includes using false promises, insistent pressure, abusive comments, or reputational threats to coerce sex acts. It can encompass noncontact acts like catcalls and whistles, which can make women feel objectified and victimized. It includes nonconsensual electronic sharing of explicit images, exposure of genitals, and surreptitious viewing of others naked or during sex.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT:

Sexual harassment is a much broader term than sexual assault, encompassing three categories of impermissible behavior. The classic "sleep with me or you're fired" scenario is a perfect example of sexual coercion. It is the most stereotypical form of sexual harassment, but also the rarest. A second and more common, form of sexual harassment is unwanted sexual attention: unwanted touching, hugging, stroking, kissing, relentless pressure for dates, or sexual behavior.

.

I just wanted to clear this out, because a lot of people don't know the differences between the terms, and neither did I. I think it's important to get educated on this and to know the differences, especially if your first language isn't English, which is my case.

It wasn't necessary for me to put this in, I know, but I was writing this chapter and I realized that I wasn't as aware of those terms as I thought I was, and wanted to look deeper into it.

It's up to you if you want to read it, I just wanted to give you some insight into this subject, since I didn't know either. (or not as much as I thought I did)

 (or not as much as I thought I did)

R I C C A R D O

"I'm selfish I know, but I don't ever wanna see you with him. I'm selfish I know, I told you but I know you never listen."