twenty-four; spitfire

A U R O R A

"You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say nothing, you don't have to say you're mine. Honey, I'd walk through fire for you, just let me adore you."

. . .

When Jack picked me up, I didn't know he'd dress up this much. If I knew that, I'd have put effort into what I was going to wear as well.

"Wait, where are you taking me?" I ask as I eye him in what looks like a brand new, white shirt tucked into a pair of pants.

Meanwhile, I'm just wearing my sundress. "What did you think I was taking you to?" he chuckles as he opens the car door for me.

I get in and shrug. "I don't know, but you could've told me to dress up," I scold him playfully. He closes the door and gets in.

"I was thinking about a restaurant downtown, never been there but I heard it's pretty good," he says once he pulls on to the main road. "This must be a fancy place since you took the name to dress up," I tell him.

He clears his throat and nods. "I mean... yeah, gotta spoil you," he says and adds, "as if you aren't already spoiled enough."

"I hate you," I snort and lean back, looking outside the window as we drive towards the center of the city.

"Ugh, I'm starving," I say as we get out of his car. Hooking my arm through his, we both start walking down the streets I know like the back of my hand and notice we're going to a rather expensive restaurant.

The one I visited with Carla and Riccardo. I scrunch up my nose at the memory. "You want to eat here?" I ask as we stand in front of the entrance. He nods.

"Yeah, you don't?" he asks with uncertainty laced through his voice.

"As long as it's food," I grin, and step inside the first glass door. But as I look inside, I tense up when I see Riccardo sitting at one of the tables with a few other men.

Probably colleagues or clients.

As if feeling my stare on him, he looks up and our eyes meet. A flashback of the nude I sent him comes back, and I have to fight back a smile. He hasn't replied, and probably never will.

He must've deleted it as soon as he got it. He has still seen a part of my body, and I'm sure he's dying to see the rest of it.

My body grows hot when his eyes trail over what I'm wearing, and stop at my arm which is hooked around Jack's. They narrow into thin slits, and he seems pissed off.

"Do you know what?" I ask and turn to look at Jack, feeling Riccardo's eyes on me. "Why don't we go out and get something else? I've been here far too many times and want something new," I smile.

Jack's blue eyes meet mine, and he nods. "Sure," he says with a light-hearted smile. We both turn around and exit.

"Let's go to the other side of town, I know a lot of places there," Jack says, and together we start walking the other way. I didn't want to face Riccardo.

I want to have a good time with Jack right now, and not be distracted by that man who could pass as a whiplash.

"So, have you always lived here?" Jack asks. I shake my head. "We lived in Vancouver when I was younger, but moved to San Francisco when I was around four years old and I've lived here ever since," I reply.

"You?"

"Born and raised here," he chuckles. "Do you plan on staying here?" I ask. He shrugs. "I'll see where the wind takes me," he says and lowers his voice to try and sound poetic.