twenty-eight; reality

A U R O R A

"I noticed that there's a piece of you in how I dress, take it as a compliment. Don't you call him baby?"

. . .

I'm awake before the alarm goes off. The excitement and nervousness mixed cause me to get a bit nauseous.

I feel like I haven't slept a wink last night, though I did get some sleep. I get up from the bed and breathe out, trying to calm myself.

"For fucks sake," I groan and walk back into my bathroom, taking the clothes I've laid out for today.

It's a basic outfit, but I want to be comfortable when traveling

I freshen myself up and put my hair up in a messy bun, letting some strands escape. After that, I put on a light layer of make-up and choose my shoes.

I spritz some perfume on and am satisfied with the way I look.

On my desk, I take a piece of paper and write a note for my parents, not wanting to leave just like that.

I take my bags and go downstairs, leaving the note on the kitchen counter before going into the living room.

After a few minutes, I receive a message from Riccardo, telling me that he's standing outside. With an excited smile, I grab my belongings and walk towards the door, opening it and stepping outside.

Riccardo is leaning against his car, already looking up at me.

I'm glad for the night, so the blush won't be as evident.

I fly off the stairs with my suitcase and bag in hand, walking up to him with a little smile. But the smile dies when I see that one redhead from his office sitting in the backseat, looking down at something. Her phone, probably.

I think her name was Anna.

And she was way too friendly with Riccardo for my liking back when I first met her.

There goes my chance of kissing him. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again.

"Good morning, dolcezza," he says. "Good morning," I say, and walk up to him. I press a kiss on his cheek and hear him inhale, his hand landing on my waist as a form of greeting.

"You should get in, let me take your bags," he murmurs. I nod and take a step away, getting into the car.

In the front.

"Good morning," the redhead says in a soft voice. I send her a little smile. "Morning," I reply and take out my phone, getting a bit annoyed at this point.

I don't have anything against the girl. I just wanted some alone time with Riccardo.

Why did he feel the need to bring her?