eight; excitement

A U R O R A

"Do I wanna know if this feeling flows both ways. It's sad to see you go, was sorta hopin' that you'd stay."

. . .

Happier than usual, I go to Riccardo's office on Monday. After our day at court, I feel like I view everything in a different light.

Things make more sense now and it's all easier to remember, seeing as I base it on the events that happened.

I greet Riccardo's secretary before knocking on his door, hearing his deep voice telling me to come in.

I'm happy when I see no sign of Carla once I'm inside and greet him with a smile. "Might as well give you an office, since you're here so often," he chuckles.

"I wouldn't mind that," I smile and take my usual seat. I take a glimpse at the papers on his desk, and already see a new case forming.

I decide to make a bold move. "Who are we defending next?"

Riccardo sighs as he eyes the papers. "A man who's accused of killing someone."

My stomach drops at the answer.

"Did he commit the crime?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, he's being framed."

"That's horrible," I whisper. "Yeah, I know. What you saw yesterday is nothing compared to some cases I had to deal with," he replies. I nod.

"I'll help you with this case," I tell him, determined. "You want to?" he asks. I nod. "Of course, I loved helping you with the last one," I smile.

Riccardo smiles back. "Good, I'll need you here more often, then. Almost daily to work on this," he warns.

"I'm ready," I promise, trying to fight the permanent smile that wants to form on my face. "Perfect, give me your number and I'll text you the details. Maybe even a schedule."

Finally, I have his number. Took long enough.

I give him my number and watch him save it on his phone. "So, how is your studying going?" he asks.

"Good," I reply, "ever since that trial it has been going good. I understand a lot more."

He seems to think about something. "How would you feel if we were to visit my client?" he asks. A smile breaks through my face.

"That'd be a good experience," I reply honestly.

"In prison?"

I inhale a sharp breath. This is part of the job.

"Of course," I nod. He raises a brow. "Really?"

I nod once again. "I'd love to join you," I smile. I fall in love with his smile. "Good, what about tomorrow?"

"That's soon," I voice my thoughts, and want to slap myself for it, "but it's perfect. Sounds good."

"Perfect, I'll be needing you here at the office every day like I previously said, I'll give you your office where you can study and help me work on this case."

"I'm excited to be working here," I tell him truthfully. His eyes light up at my confession. "Me too," he replies, making butterflies rise in my stomach.

If it weren't for him looking away, we still would've been gazing into each other's eyes. I could forever look into them, they're so alluring.

"We'll work on your study method today," he tells me and gestures to the chair. I take a seat on top of it.