sixty; tease

A U R O R A

"Wasted times I spent with someone else. She wasn't even half of you, reminiscing how you felt. Even though you put my life through hell, I can't seem to forget about you."

. . .

Anna and Alex leave when lunch is over, leaving me and Riccardo alone. When I stand up, ready to head back, he stops me and turns my body towards his.

He lifts his hand and brushes my hair away from my neck, exposing my skin there.

"Leave it like that," he orders with his voice lowered.

My throat runs dry. "W-why?" I whisper.

"So people can see that you're mine," he replies, his eyes darkened. I nod. "O-okay," I bring out and turn around, exiting his office with a hot face.

Getting back to work without being distracted is a bit hard, but I manage and work until the sun is starting to set.

I hear a knock on the door, and see Riccardo opening it a second later. "It's time. Get up," he orders me, an unknown glint in his eyes.

I roll my eyes at his command. "Sorry daddy," I chuckle.

He glares at me, making me sit up behind my desk and organize my papers, before putting them away and grabbing my laptop.

Riccardo closes the door behind me as I get out, and on the way to the elevator, I see Anna standing with the secretary, talking.

She glances up when she hears us coming down the hallway, and I see her eyes fall to my neck, where the hickey Riccardo left me is visible.

I don't let our eyes meet since I focus on the elevator and press the button, waiting for it to arrive.

"Lei mi infastidisce," I murmur to Riccardo as she stands beside us.

He hums.

"Non essere scortese," he replies with an amused smile. "Ma anche io," he adds with a whisper.

I suppress a little smile.

"Ric, tomorrow is that party at the office, right?" Anna asks Riccardo. He spares her a glance.

"Yeah, almost forgot about that," he chuckles.

"You never forget these events, Ric," I hear her chuckle. I silently breathe out and demand myself to get a grip, instead of lashing out at her.

She's getting on my nerves.

"Must've slipped my mind, I had something more important that needed my attention," he replies right when the elevator doors open.

I get into the elevator and he does as well. Since it's made out of glass, Anna can still look at us.

But she has her back turned to us, continuing to talk to the secretary.

"What's the party?" I ask him.

"Just a get together at the office, to celebrate the fact that my office has been named one of the most successful companies in New York," he tells me.

My eyes widen. "That's huge, Riccardo! Congratulations," I smile and lean in, kissing him before withdrawing.

He sends me a shy smile, one that has my heart-melting.

"It means a lot to me, I can't believe that me and my whole office have made it this far," he says and wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm proud of you," I grin.