seven; sapiosexual

A U R O R A

"You got me some type of way, ain't used to feeling this way. I do not know what to say, but I know I shouldn't think about it. Took one fucking look at your face, now I wanna know how you taste."

. . .

Riccardo canceled.

On Wednesday, he sent me a text saying that he won't be available for our tutoring lesson on Thursday, but that he'll be picking me up on Saturday.

I was disappointed and wondered what'd be more important than me.

My excitement is getting the best of me. It's Friday, meaning that I'll be going to court tomorrow.

Nervousness and excitement do not go well together. My stomach is in knots, even if it's not me who's going to be preaching and defending the client.

Standing in front of my closet, I already wonder what I'm going to wear. I go through my more formal clothing, grabbing some pieces between my fingers and inspecting them.

I decide to go for a nude-colored blouse with a pair of black pants.

It's not too formal, yet casual. And the pants would be accentuating my hips, of course.

I take my seat back behind my desk, eyeing the new documents he sent me. I gave him my opinion on the case, pointed out the obvious things.

"Aw, Rory is nervous," Nicholas fake pouts as he walks into my room. I flip him off and watch him take a seat on my bed.

"It's just weird. This will be the first time I'll be going to court and watch it all happen in front of me," I sigh, and look forward to that moment.

Nick sends me an assuring smile. "It's not like you'll be the one up there. Just sit back and observe."

I nod and give him a grateful smile. "I'm relaxed," I breathe. He chuckles.

"Right, mom and dad called you downstairs. Dinner's ready," he says and stands up, walking out of my room.

As I watch his retreating form, I can't help but smile as I remember how we used to be as little kids.

I remember that we'd always play outside with mom and dad, getting dirty and having mom frown at me whenever I dirtied my nice clothes.

I remember feeling like a true princess whenever dad picked me up and cradled me in his arms. With a little smile, I descend the stairs and walk into the kitchen, taking a seat at the table and watching mom serve our food.

"Where do you want to go this summer?" dad asks as we start eating. "Can we skip Italy? We go there every year," Elena whines.

Mom frowns. "You should be proud of your heritage. Aurora loves going to Italy, don't you?"