fifty; recovery

FOUR MONTHS LATER

A U R O R A

"What do I say to make me exist? Oh, stranger. Still don't know my name. You still don't know my name. I would die your slave, baby right now."

. . .

"Yes, I've got that with me, dad," I say with a roll of my eyes, arriving at the airport. "Just making sure, honey. And you have your ID with you?"

"Dad! It's not the first time I'm going to New York! I've got everything," I chuckle and get out of the car, thanking the driver as he gets my suitcases out of the trunk.

"I know, but I'm a bit uncomfortable knowing you're not taking the private jet," he mutters.

Dad is out of the country and took his jet with him. But I told him I didn't mind flying in business class, and he was cool with it at first, but now he's slowly losing his mind.

"Please, calm down dad. Approximately six million people aboard an airplane every day, and they seem to do it just fine and still be alive," I reply.

He lets out a sigh. "Okay, just text me when you've arrived," he tells me. I nod and tell him I love him, before hanging up and going through the doors of the airport, dragging my suitcase behind me.

When Alex contacted me three weeks ago, I was surprised to say the least. He was asking me how school was going, before explaining the reason why he was calling me.

He was looking for an intern and immediately thought of me. He asked me to work for him, and I happily accepted his request.

He sent me documents through mail, and I looked through them at home, taking my time to analyze them and send them through with my notes and opinions.

But since the holidays are arriving, he's asked me if it's possible to come to New York. It'd be easier for us to work together and me to learn a bit more.

There's a gala he'd like to take me to, not associated with work, but there are important people that are going to be there and he'd like to introduce me to them.

He told me he saw real talent the last time he saw me and respected me for being this motivated.

"I don't want to see this talent go to waste," were his words.

College has been good, and I haven't had a problem with it anymore. I started without a problem, and it helped me get my mind off of things since all I kept myself busy with was school.

It helped me get my mind off of him, and I succeeded. He slowly disappeared to the back of my mind, and I found myself thinking less often about him.

Even though Alex is heavily associated with Riccardo, I'll just try and steer clear from him as often as I can.

I'll try to avoid the office. Sadly, I have to make these decisions in order not to see him, but I just know that seeing him will just be a reminder of something toxic that I experienced in the past, even though I wanted it so badly.

I tried fucking other men. I did fuck other men. It was weird at first, I had to get used to their touch and the first time, I flipped out and just made out with the guy instead of sleeping with him.

But then some men were quite gentle and helped me adjust to the feeling of sleeping with someone again, and it was good.

Though, it never felt the same. I got off, but it wasn't as thrilling or exciting.

The orgasm was never mind-blowing.

It was a good distraction. Reminded me that Riccardo wasn't the only man in the world that could make me feel good.