Rogue Luna Chapter 14.

"There is nothing to talk about," I said.

"Don't play dumb with me Iris, I knew I was right about you being an Alpha born, you're the daughter of Adam and Lucie Rose, the Alpha and Luna of the Moonshine pack. I know all about what happened to your parents," He said.

His last sentence was all that was needed to set me off.

"You know nothing about what happened to my parents! You did not witness them being murdered in cold blood! You didn't have to run away when you were just twelve, you weren't captured various times and tortured for things you don't know about! You don't know anything!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

Damien looked at me with sadness in his eyes. 

"Their allies definitely weren't there when my mother and father were murdered," I hissed. 

"We had no idea what was happening or how they died, we had no information and the pack just went dark, no means of communication going in or coming out," Damien's father said as he walked in.

"I met your mother and father quite a few time, such lovely people. I remember they had a daughter and she was the sweetest little thing I have ever met. She was fun and loving and didn't have a care in the world, I didn't know the girl would grow up witnessing her parents death and turning so cold," He said sadly. 

"Well why didn't you recognize me?" I snapped.

"The last time I saw you was years ago, I only assumed you died along with your pack and parents," He said. 

"Why did you keep this from me Iris?" Damien asked.

I felt tears forming in my eyes, "I didn't want to re live those moments, I put them aside thinking it would make me stronger when in reality it just made me numb. Have you ever had the feeling of being chased? Everyday and you don't even know what you're being chased for? Everyday I've fought for myself so that I wouldn't end up like my parents. I-I...." I couldn't even finish without bursting into tears.

Damien came over to give me a tight squeeze.

"You what Iris?" 

"When I was finally able to escape it felt amazing, I controlled my own actions and it didn't feel like anyone holding me back, I just didn't want to feel trapped. When I met you I was scared, afraid that you would bring back those feelings of being trapped in darkness with no light around me," I finished.

"But who was after you?" Damien asked.

Flashback

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me but it still wasn't fast enough because soon a wolf caught up to me and stopped me in my tracks. The wolf growled at me and nudged me with it's head, signaling for me to walk back. I did what I was told because I didn't know what to do, I was terrified. I walked back to the pack entrance with the wolf behind me and the same man that murdered my mother walked towards me with open arms.

"Iris darling why did you run away from me?" The man asked. I didn't answer because I was too terrified. He bent down so he was my height.

"It's rude not to answer someone when they ask you a question," He said annoyed.

I was paralyzed with fear, unable to say anything, just staring at the scar my mother placed upon his face.

"I said answer me!" He said as he back handed me. I fell to the ground with tears streaming down my face.

"Take her back, maybe she will start talking after we've locked her away," He said. I felt someone yank me by my hair and pull me up. I wiggled and squirmed under his grasp but he only shook me.